Heel Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have posted to this forum a few times as I have had mild to severe episodes of PF over a number of years.

Recently I have had, not PF with the pain under the arch, but intense pain around the outside and side of the heel. This was almost as bad as PF and left me almost immobile for several days.

After rest and many aspirin, ibuprofen, and paracetomol it subsided but was immediately replaced with an intense pain on the top of my foot, as though someone had stamped on it.

Can't understand this as I mainly rested and just don't know what is happening here. Will try the doctor but has not been much help before - any ideas??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

David, You have my sympathy. This ad has just jumped up on my Facebook feed. Maybe worth trying if you have tried everything else though I haven't used it. I agree, my doctor was useless when it came to feet. https://heelease.co.uk

• Posted

Hi Glynis

Yes I might this a try - wonder if anyone else on this forum has tried it and what the results are.

Almost given up with doctors as all I get is a Naproxen prescription and a pat on the head!!! Never any long term solution......

• Posted

I've had the identical problem with PF in the back of the heel. I suggest seeing a podiatrist and getting a cortisone injection before the inflammation spreads to the Achilles tendon. A cortisone injection will provide temporary pain relief but a podiatrist will probably not give you one if the Achilles tendon is involved. Also I recommend custom orthotics. You will need to find someone who will mAkers them for you. I paid about $200 for mine and I get free adjustments to them when needed. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.