Heel pain after bunion surgery?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else had major bruising to the heel after their bunion surgery?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I didn't bruise but I did feel a horrible burning in and around my heel. We came to the conclusion that it was from the splint and the way my foot rested in it, so we removed it and it got better until I went into the walking boot. Again, it is the way my foot sits in the boot. Thank goodness we have a week and a half left in this boot. Ice definitely helps. 
  • Posted

Yep sure did in both heels....just internal bleeding from the operation and the blood spreads. I am 6wks post op and cast off this Thurs. 
  • Posted

I didn't have bruising to my heel at all after the bunionectomy 8 years ago or the scarf and akin osteotomy operation recently. Your foot may have been held in a stirrup during the procedure causing the bruising. Best asking your surgeon what happened. Good luck!!!
    • Posted

I suspect this might have been the case. I bruise easily and the surgeon seemed to be surprised that the heel was as bruised as it was. Two weeks later it's gone but it really had an impact on the post op healing and care.
    • Posted

Okay well mine was only a light bruising and I heal walked too....so might explain it then
  • Posted

Hello,

Yes I did this was because I was walking on my heel rather then putting weight on my toes as I had both feet done. It will pass in time I am 5 months in now and am not totaly fixed yet and they said it could take up to a year. It does get better I promise you. Try to walk heel to toe slowly and you will get there but see your doctor if the pain is really bad.

I hope you get there soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.