Heel pain and Achilles tendon pain because of AS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just got diagnosed with AS after long time treatment (2 years) of heel pain and Achilles tendon pain with no relief. I got HLAB27 positive and doctor ask to take NSAID (Arcoxia 60mg) daily and Salazopyrine + Metroxate.

I started to take medicines for one month and still have lot of pain if stop taking medicine. I have no improvement at all.

Does anyone have similar symtoms and take such medicines. Should I turn to take biologic to get better?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi  there, I was diagnosed with AS last summer, however mine showed on MRI, I’m not HLA positive.  Funny enough I used to get weird feeling and pain in my Achilles but put it down to me breaking my ankle over 14 years ago.  I took naproxen however had stomach cramps, then doc prescribed me with arcoxia.. I didn’t feel it was affective as naproxen. 

In December i started weekly Benepali injections and tbh I don’t recall having that weird feeling in Achilles, I feel injections are helping with the back pain.  I get weird shooting pains in diff parts of my body like someone is stabbing me, not sure if it’s the meds or just new symptoms with AS.  Wishing you well 

• Posted

Hi Jojo. I dont know about Benepeni. Is that biologic? Then now are you still with Benepeni?

For your new pain in other parts of body, I suppose that is the new symtom of AS. I also had same issue. The pain start in heel, achilles then move to shoulder and low back pain. But mostly pain is at heel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.