Heel pain if I don't wear orthotics, but knee pain if I do!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I've had plantar fasciitis for a good few years. I have tried lots of different types of orthotics, but they all seem to give me knee pain! I have tried custom orthotics, and they seemed to be the worse.

I have tried to build up use of orthotics, but they didn't seem to help.

Does anyone have any advice or experience anything similar? I can't work out which is worse, the heel or knee pain. They are both equally bad!

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Juke

I have been living with plantar fasciitis for a year now. I find yoga toes particularly relaxing as it helps my toes to stretch. And Chinese herbs help circulation. I have tried medical prescriptions which were nothing more than just pain killers.

Hope this helped.

• Posted

I too have been unable to use orthotics, they seem to make my feet worse. I just can't wear them in! 

Now wondering if I'll ever recover, doing lots of stretches, using ice, resting, only wearing trainers. I too have had this for many years. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.