Heel Pain post achilles rupture non-op

Posted , 5 users are following.

So basically been through the recovery process for the Achilles rupture, except the PT, however, when i go walking i start to get this sharp pain in my heel, however, the tendon doesn't hurt much(something bearable) i couldn't anyone with such issue online...i hope i can find an answer to why this is happening to me. i will be seeing my PT in 10 days time.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think we all have the heel pain for awhile afterwords, especially if you had the complete surgery where they take the tendon off the heal and reattach.  My heel hurt to where I cried, but then once PT was over, out of boot,etc it got better.  I experience heel pain some now and then after 2 years ago surgery.
    • Posted

hi Neva,

the problem is that am off boot and haven't started my sessions yet. I didn't have surgery, obviously took the nonoperative route and my heel kills me.

• Posted

Hi Sade,  yes. I had to go too my docters today and tonight my heel is sore painfull aches I will tell my docter who did the opp tomorrow. As I have to go back to London to hopefully have boot off this was done on 23/8/2016 ,    It takes 3months fair 6moths good 12 months Excellent. That's what my  surgeon said.  He worked with  Athletics   In  Australia   Very good surgeon so. One will see I had to have it done in London because they wouldn't do it down wanted to take  Achilles tendon   Away. So I got  Second opinion   He said noway so I would have been in dead trouble and another guy was a docter ,,working for Bupa ,,what does that say ,good luck Sade ,

• Posted

Heel pain could be swelling or plantar fascitis
    • Posted

Hi there went back to foot ankle cen in wood green today  surgeon   Was really pleased have to stay in the boot till Feb as I had  major surgery   ,,he said it takes a long while to heal swelling going down so I was pleased but Sad as I was hopeing to go into trains he said you foot won't go in them right now to swollen ,,,,had boot on 7 weeks so has to stay on till 1st. Feb next year oh my god ,,it's to  protective   It never mind its life and hopefully it's worth it boys girl😃

• Posted

How. Are you doing right now. ?????
  • Posted

I experience the same pain, kept telling the doctor and I was doing my own research. That pain you feeling is from plantar faciitis, the tendon is inflamed which causes pain in the heel.  Could be described as a sharp pain in your heal, look up the name, it can be self treated and with PT or steroid injections.  From experience I would try home remedy first. If you YOUTUBE this you can get all kinds of instructions to treat the problem. If that is not what your experiencing, ask your doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.