Heel pain that isn't plantar fasciitis

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have cerebral palsy and use a wheelchair. I also suffer from Raynaud's phenomenon. For the last few years, I have been struggling a great deal with right heel pain which has now started in the left one.

As well as the pain, I also have an area of soreness which used to heal with rest but Is not doing so at the moment. The skin hasn't broken, but it is extremely sore and pink/red.

District nurses are aware of it, but say that it is not a pressure sore. I have had scans on both heels to see if it is plantar fasciitis. It's not. It's getting to the point that I don't even want to leave the house At the moment, because it means using my wheelchair.

the pain can even be bad first thing in the morning And happens if my feet are warm or cold. This morning it was so bad that I actually felt sick.

My GP just tells me to rest it, but after so long I just don't know where to turn. Even the podiatrist does not know what to suggest and even though I technically didn't have pain in the correct area for plantar fasciitis, he still sent me for the scan just in case.

I have insoles that were supplied by the podiatrist. Without them, the skin would rub away if I just had standard insoles.

It's having such a massive impact on my quality of life and I'm just hoping someone here has a suggestion or something I can take to the GP to try.

Yours hopefully

Zoë

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.