Heels painful, Palmar Plantar Psoriasis

Posted , 6 users are following.

recently diagnosed with hand and foot psoriasis. Been troubling me for about 6 months.

heels are very cracked and painful to walk and sleep.

anyone else got this specifically and can offer advice

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear that Rita sad Well.What I use is Aveeno lotion,and add some glycerin;You can get that from Boots,and also I add some hemp seed oil.The glycerin takes moisture from the air,so will help with getting your hands and feet moisture back again.The best thing you can do at night is put the lotion on,and cover your feet and handsย  with plastic bags.Bit tricky with the warm nights we've got right now though.Look at your diet also.The skin is a reflection of quite a lot with what you eat.Look to kinda oil the skin from inside.So plenty of water,hemp seed oil again,cucumber cleanses the blood,avoid citrus where you can.Along with coffee,This time of year is quite a good time to try an exclusion diet,and see what your body doesn't like.Foods to avoid and see if any of these might be making things wosre.Eggs, cows milk, shell fish, peanuts, wheat, nuts, rice' codflsh, food additives, alcohol, coffee and citrus There is a negative protein in cows milk that could be the cause.I use oat milk from the supermarket beginning with A and ending in A .The blue carton. Also. try to avoid all types of citrus fruits and juices such as oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes etc.

Also, vasodilai.or foods could cause the body to itch which wiil cause you to break out into aย  rash flare up.

These foods to try and avoid are spicy rooos rike chili peppers or hot teverages like tea or coffee. You should also try to increase your intake of water and consider taking a daily multi-vitamin if it's ok with your Doctor.I take 2 one a day cod's liver oil capsules.If you have a supermarket beginning with L near by.That's the best price.Hope some of this helps Rita!! All the bestest!

ย 

• Posted

Thanks Steve.

theres a lot to think about here!

i like all things citrus, but will avoid that as a starting point.

im off to try the plastic bag trick!

i'll refer back to your reply and take things a bit at a time.

R ๐ŸŽฏ

• Posted

My pleasure Rita.I love citrus too,and thankfully can still have some.The no no was oranges,I used to love blood orange juice,but cut that out and it made a big difference.If I can think of other things I've done to help.I'll message you.
  • Posted

Hi Rita

I've had this especially with my feet, which meant I couldn't use my satin bed sheets anymore unless I wore socks in bed.

I have completely cleared mine. I'm not sure if the moderater allows 'advertising ' but there is a very well known brand of door to door cosmetics who do a foot file. They do several. The one you want has a smooth side and what looks like raised circles on the other. It took me 3 days to get my feet so smooth and of course the pain went with it. Use the bibbly side as vigorously as you can stand, then the smooth (I do this on an old towel. Then rub oil into your feet, again I use a dry oil from the same company but I'm sure baby oil will do just as well then use an intensive cream and rub in and put some old socks on for 20 minutes. Repeat every evening (do morning as well if you have the time) and the cracked skin should completely go. Mine has. Every evening I just give them a quick once over with the smooth side using the oil and cream and once a week do the whole as above. You can also use this method for your hands but you need to be far gentler. I also make sure now that I never walk about bare feet. I hope this helps because it worked so well for me the bottom of my feet actually feel so smooth and I have no cracks whatever. Good luck ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š Lisa

• Posted

Hi Rita

I have no idea as the moderator has taken down your last couple of comments how to help.

May I suggest you go back to my original comment and investigate some more. As I say advertising isn't allowed I believe so I'm going to try to do it in a roundabout way although the moderator may remove my comments..... But I so want to help because I know how painful and sore it is and to find a product which works within days was such a relief. As I said it is a famous door to door cosmetic company and the product is just called foot file... You can see in the picture lots of circles on it.... That is the rough side. In the same collection is a product called rough skin remover which is a 'cream' but really works. Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Lisa.

im starting PUVA treatment on my feet this week.

i will buy the stuff you mention and see how it works for me.

my hands are now a problem too.

• Posted

Bless you, I use exactly the same routine on my hands but far gentler. Then I use Unguentum M cream prescribed by the doctor wear cotton gloves for 5 minutes and again my hands are very clear. The cream is also a barrier cream so protects longer than most.

Good luck

Lisa

• Posted

Hi 

I experiences something very similar to what you described. Everyone said it's for life, but it really lasted 8 months and subsided. Please do not lose hope, this is key to healing, alongside avoising steroids and being very attentive to dietary influences. 

Best health

• Posted

Aldi s skin kind body moisturiser as good as anything I have tried for my feet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.