Heidelberg test in London?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey wink

I have been searching the Internet regarding information about London based clinics offering the Heidelberg test. With little luck unfortunately. 

Do anyone here happen to know about a place?

thanks and merry Christmas 

​Kristian

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, I don't have an answer.

Why do you want the Heidelberg test? Do you suspect you have low stomach acid and why?

If your doctor / gastroenterologist considers this a possibility, you're more likely to be offered 24 pH manometry under NHS.

• Posted

Yes that is exactly what I expect. I already had the 24ph test, but it only measures in the throat/esophagus not the stomach. 

The 24h test did show some reflux, but not acidic enough to conclude too much acid. Never the less I was put on ppi which made things worse. 

Therefore I expect low stomach acid. 

• Posted

24hr pH measures stomach acidity too. mine was found to be around pH 1 most of the time. DeMeester score of 179!
  • Posted

Hi

I had my 24 pH test done at the Function Gut Clinic. Upper Wimpole St. If they don't do it, they may be able to advise. I know they do it in Bristol

• Posted

Thank you moonbuggy. 

I already had had that test, but thanks anyway smile

• Posted

Hi kjustesen

Sorry, I meant that this clinic may do the Heidelberg test or at least point you in the right direction. There are some great gastro dr's there.

• Posted

You could ask Laurence Lovatt about it. Contct him through GastroLondon co uk
  • Posted

Hi Kristian

did you find anywhere in the uk that offer the Heidelberg test?

have you managed to find a solution?

Liz. 

• Posted

Hello. Did you find anyone who does the Hiedeelherg test in the UK?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.