helath anxiety. 😞

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all.

i'm a 22 year old female, mother of two. i've had terrible health anxiety for over a year now. it seemed to go away when i was on zolofy, but i'm not on that anymore. i just wanted to get this off my chest so i can calm down a little bit, because i feel so stupid 

lately, i've been having very bad stomach issues (IBS.) heartburn, constipation, etc. my anxiety today is over the roof. i've been having weird symptoms, but try to brush them off & remind myself it's my anxiety.

the one thing i've been worrying about, is my heart. i feel like i'm gonna have a heart attack!

today i've been having very bad back & neck pain. but about an hour ago, i had a quick shooting pain right in the middle of my chest. & now my chest in the middle feels achy off & on. i also have a bad spine, basically.

can anxiety cause this chest pain? it comes & goes, varying on the day. some days i won't have it, other days i will.

if not anxiety, could it be my muscles? i just need some reassurance please. it'll make me feel 10X better! i also was diagnosed with a heart arrythmia last October, but the cardiologist wasnt at all worried about it. he said it wasn't serious enough to treat or anything.

maybe my stomach issues could be the cause of this? it mostly hurts when i move or lift my arms.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

anxiety can cause symptoms that can act exactly like a heart attack so best guess is that its your anxiety. at 22 its pretty rare to have heart issue unless you were born with it or you smoke like crazy and have horrible eating habbits and are morbidly obese

• Posted

Anxiety and panic disorder can and does create horrendous symptoms that mimic health problems ranging from heart attack to brain tumours and much more, if moving can replicate the pain then it's most likely muscular but because your life is being effected by the fear you need to go back to your GP and tell them because the best thing would be to have some kind of support from a therapist so that you can have control over your health anxiety or it will have control over you.

Now while your young is the best time or it will continue and takeaway your quality of life.

Ask for help I wish I had

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.