Helena Neale

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I’ve been out off hospital for 8 days now, was rushed in with blue lights and all. They said red flagged sipsis and Pneumonia, spent 5 days in hospital was on 2 lots of antibiotics, one oral and other through drip. Also on oxygen 4 days. Finished my antibiotics yesterday that I got discharged with. And I’ve started to cough yet again and have no energy at all. Can’t eat and keep gipping. Just wondered if this is the normal recovery of pneumonia or if I need to go to doctors.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Helena, if your still concerned then go back to the docs and apply for your pneumonia jab and flu jab. I was rushed to hospital with the same thing as yourself except I was in for four weeks and needed major surgery. This was in March this year and I've been fine until now. I currently have a very bad cold, mostly the mucus is in my nose though but I understand the very real worry you must be experiencing. My doctor told me that the chances of getting pneumonia again are very slim so not to worry. Something I have found very reassuring since my experience is to take my temperature with a ear thermometer. I was told that if my temperature went too high too go back to doctors. It would be nice to hear from you as I've not spoken to many people with this same issue. Matthew x

• Posted

Hello, going to call doctors tomorrow, coughs driving me mad and pain in my shoulder starting again. My nose is the same so runny. I’ve read that some people have to take lots of antibiotics to get rid of it. Will keep you updated thanks 

Helena x

• Posted

Hi on more antibiotics as lots of noise on my lungs still , so hoping these clear it up. Still no energy or appetite at all.

Helena 

• Posted

Let's hope the antibiotics work for you and I hope you feel better soon. Now is a really good time to ask for a pneumonia jab as they're currently in stock. I had to wait a few weeks to get mine but it removes alot of the worry. Also you can get a flu jab. Keep me posted!! It's not a nice living woth worrying all the time that it might happen again but the jabs will go along way in easing your mind. My pneumonia and sepsis got so bad it nearly killed me but the painful muscle spasms were the worst part for me. Also I wasn't bringing up any phlem from anywhere so it basically filled up my lungs. I think the more s**t you can cough up ect the batter yours body will deal with it.

Interesting fact I learned when in hospital: When you get a runny nose, sore throat and muggy head ect; those symptoms are not from the bug but side effects of your bodies own immune system from fighting the bug ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.