helicobacter pylori completed one week triple therapy still feeling bad or even worse?

Posted , 8 users are following.

found out that i tested positive for h pylori last monday, after experiencing chronic discomfofrt & bloating in my stomach and frequent bowel movements which was controlling my life. Been doing research online and found that not a lot of people actually recover from having the first course of antiobiotics. I finished the course last night, is it normal to feel so terrible, i felt better when i was taking the antiobiotics it cleared my constant cough but now im getting the symptoms back already its not even been 12 hours, is it me just being anxious or should i wait it out. Docter said i couldnt have another test for 3 weeks and im supposed to be going away on hoilday with uni in 2 weeks time i dont want to feel the way i do now, no energy lack of apetite sickess with all the current symptoms. Its just making me really depressed, i want this nasty bug out of my system so i can feel normal again i know it wll take time, thats the thing that bothers me, i dont want to be in constant sickness & discomfort. 

Would appreciate some advice of people who have controlled it or eradicated it what you take to surpress symptoms. 

Thankyou

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Luckily, there has been no signs of bleeding, to be honest, I am just trying to use common sense.
  • Posted

Just a thought to anyone reading these posts. Metronidazole - an antibiotic - is often used as one of the ingredients in the various therapies. Alcohol taken with Metronidazole can have known very bad side effects. Not sure if GPs are giving this advice when prescribing Metronidazole.
  • Posted

Most doctors give a 14 day course of antibiotics. I was put on

20mg Omeprazole bid

250mg clarithromycin bid

500mg tinidazole bid

This worked well. I am okay for as long as I avoid spiced food, fizzy drinks ie all acidic foos. Please get back to your doctor.

• Posted

Yes this is the Gold Standard therapy. Though there is some resistance to Clarithromycin building up, particularly in some parts of the world, because of its abuse as an antibiotic. Although Metranidazole has been shown to be slightly less effective, strangely it does seem to work better should resistance be encountered. There also seems some movement back to using some of the original treatment which included Bismuth Subcitrate. This is being given as RBC - a mixture of Ranitidine (PPI) and Bismuth, together with Clarithromycin and Amoxicillin.
  • Posted

I now add cayenne pepper to most of my meals. Please do not cook or heat it. Add it while at the table as you start to eat. When someone recommended it to me, i was shocked and argued against it just because of the nasty experience i gotta with spices. One day out of desperation, i tried it. My tummy suddenly calmed. i got the feeling i get once i took omeprazole. Cayenne pepper is my number one food product now. I am in my 4th week.
  • Posted

Hi,

Did you get better? I'm going through a similar situation at the moment.

• Posted

Looking for help with h pylori, I have taken two treatments and I still have the constant pressure. Scared of this being cancer. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Has anyone taken a third treatment and if so was it successful?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.