Helicobacter Pylori Infection - 3weeks after meds and feeling no better HELP!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with HP a few weeks ago, finished my anitbiootics etc and feel no better, infact I feel worse. My stomch looks like im 7mths pregnant, ive stopped eating food and started veggie juicing for 2 week and a hlf now, im gaining weight, i have lower back pain with this too, feeling tired all the time, i have wne tback to my gp, he is now sending me for stomach scan, Im just wondering has anyone else experiened this after effects of this horrible bacteria....Im starting to think i have stomach cancer, with all bloating, lower abdominal pain etc etc, im very worried and hope somene out there can help...

Thank you all so much.

S

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi sinead03615

HPylori is hard to eradicate because it burrows into the gut wall and duodenum so the Antibiotics cant always get to it so some are left behind to multiply again.....There is a natural remedy that a lot of HPylori sufferers are using it is called Mastic Gum....it is said it actually kills HPylori....you can buy it online from Amazon.....but I would see what your doc suggests next..perhaps you can mention Mastic Gum to your doc......best wishes...

• Posted

I should think that it''s just your bowels sorting out the good from the bad bacteria.

Have you tried yoghurts with good gut bacteria in them such as activia.  They might help you but you have to keep a regular intake for the digestive system to recover.

rich

• Posted

Hi sinead,

I found I have HP after I had an EGD ( stomach Scan) in January this year. I've been in terrible pain since November last year, as a result of this infection. I've had already 3 antibiotic treatments which 2 didn't work. I'm waiting to test again very soon. This bacteria has caused me pain in my stomach, inflammation for almost 6 months now, and I felt just like you bloated, tired etc. During and after each antibiotic treatment therapy I felt worse and I'm still not sure if this third was my last one. It takes time to recover after this infection, so hang in there and hopefully it has worked for you the treatment and in time you'll feel much better.  Good luck

• Posted

Sometimes, IBS starts after an infection and especially if the balance of gut flora has been disturbed.  Try probiotic yoghurts which help after being on strong antibiotics.  Stomach pain, fatigue, bloating and nausea are symptoms of IBS.  Ask your doctor for an endoscopy, stool testing, colonoscopy/barium enema as well.  It is also possible you may have reacted badly to the antibiotics.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are still having problem.

Did you sterilize your tooth brush daily while under treatment?  Did all other members of your family get checked and if infected,treated at the same time?

You might want to really bump up the disinfecting of dishes and especially eating utensils in the kitchen.

Also, a full spectrum probiotic may help rebuild your body's healthy bacteria which you should do either way. A large colony of good bacteria can actually weaken the H. pylori.  Yogurt naturally only carries probiotics for the small intestine so unless the manufacturer has articially added more, the probiotics in yogurt are incomplete. If additional probiotics are added, it should say so on the container.    You can get full spectrum live probiotics in a health food store.

I have seen  H. pylori listed as the "hard to kill" bacteria so apparently it is hard to knock out. I have also seen reference to triple doses of  antibiotics being given. 

You can get follow up breath tests or stool tests and you should try to monitor what is going on.  

• Posted

Hi I have been treated twice for helicobacter. Its not nice at all & does take a while to get back on track . I tried many things but always found the most helpful thing was taking a good quality acidophilus from health food shops . Hope you get some relief soon
    • Posted

to ejc-

Did you get treated twice for the same incident of H. pylori  because the first dose of  antibiobiotics failed or did you have two separate incidents set apart in time?  Do you recall what antibiotics were successful  as H. pylori is starting to get resistant to some antibiotics i.e. clarithromycin and metronidazole in certain areas?

• Posted

Hi Mary I got treated at 2 separate times about 2 years apart but I personally think it wasn't got rid of fully the 1st time as during those 2 years I was intially better but then had so much nausea & stomach upsets .

I know I was given 4 different tablets for 7 days & yes it was some of the drugs you mentioned. It does take a frustratingly long time to get better though. Good luck you will get there Emma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.