hell on earth

Posted , 8 users are following.

and here comes those feelings again.....the constant desire to set a date to check out of this horrible life and leave this life again.....i hate it. its so full on...why cant they stabilise these feelings. is it pills this time or jump off a bridge...maybe a noose.....dont matter

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello Paul, I hope you do not die as it's is so devastaing for families left behind. Get some proffessional help, pills do not always help. You need to express what your feeling and deal with your emotions. Ring samaritions for someone you can talk to straight away. They are inpartial and it will get you through the moment. 

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Look I have battled depression for nearly 30 years.  I am glad the overdose I took did not work.  Yes it is a daily battle, but don't let the depression win.  You have to fight it.  Now I know you are saying that is easier said than done, but you see I have done it.  I have fought all those years.  I have been as low can be.  I have been in a psychiatric hospital.

We are worth so much as human beings.  Depression, as you say is hell on earth, but taking your own life is not the answer.  Think how that would affect the people who care about you.

I do hope you are getting support from the doctor and family and friends.  Depression is not a battle we can do alone.  When you find the anti depressant that suits you you will feel a lot better, honestly.  I have had awful things happen to me because of depression, but I am still here.  It takes a lot of courage to keep living, but believe me it is better than dying.

• Posted

Paul. I know you probably don't want to because when you're depressed the last thing you want to do I'd talk and answer questions but it does help and it may help us help you. How old are you? Married? Family? How long have you felt like this. What meds are you on. If these feelings get worse get yourself to a hospital. This was 3 hours ago, how are you doing. Let me know I'm worried about you x
  • Posted

Paul

I know it's hell, most of the time I feel the same as you. But when I see the response from people on this site really wanting you to pull through I'm massively encouraged please hang on in there, keep fighting it &be kind to yourself & take care

• Posted

thanks for the messages of caring and understanding, i am still here, suffering, crying an all those things. its so difficult...it really is 
    • Posted

that it is Paul, keep strong and fight this, i feel exactly the same way, fight this depression till the end, DONT give in, DONT let it take over, if you ever need anyone to talk to send me a message paul, there is light at the end of the tunnel my friend.
    • Posted

As Lewis said paul please feel free to private message me for a chat, it helps sometimes to let it all out, or just touch base to let me know you're ok. You are in my thoughts..
  • Posted

Hi Paul, what pills are you currently taking? The thing is that some depression pills can cause cuicidal thoughts and behavior. It is very important to let your doctor know exactly what you're feeling and going through.

Don't do anything that you can't take back, think about your family and friends. Keep strong! We are here for you.

• Posted

i am on Sertraline 100mg, reduced from 200mg cos its too much apparently, as are the conditions with the meds. you would think that a company supplying antu-depressants would bust out the suicidal thoughts 
    • Posted

I agree.  This is something you need to discuss with the doctor who prescribed the Sertraline.  It obviously does not suit you.  It is just that some anti depressants suit some people, and others get side effects that are difficult to handle, like in your case. 

Unfortunately it is the nature of the medication that sometimes side effects cannot be tolerated.  Ask to be prescribed another anti depressant.  There are many on the market and another one may not make you feel like this.  Please don't tolerate it if it is making you so poorly.

• Posted

I agree with this. I would steer clear of the SSRIs as nthey all work in a similar way to sertraline. Try something such as mirtazapine which starts to work much faster than the others, or a tricyclic like lofepramine. 

• Posted

Paul, I understand depression and your problems but you cannot think the way you do. You should try to find help and not be self destructive 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.