hello

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a UC flare up in which only blood is coming in the stool, there is no diareha ,no washroom urgency , no of stool /day is normal . does anyone else experience similar kind of flareup

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi only had symptons like this when first saw blood which lead to diagnosis of UC & worsening symptons. It could be haemorrhoids but any blood coming from body should be investigated so suggest a visit to your GP or call To IBD clinic is the sensible thing to do. Hopefully it won't be a full blown flare up starting but my advice is don't leave it unchecked at this stage. 
  • Posted

Yes i had this type of bleeding many times and its the imflamation of the rectum which is the first sign of a flare up, mostly I get this type of bleeding at the end of a bowel movement.

The best way to stop this bleeding is do relaxation excesice, deep breathing and get your self out of the stresses of day to day life.

• Posted

Hi,yes I currently have the same,blood on toilet paper occasionally but no urgency etc Been treating as flare last six weeks but feel well,no weight loss etc. Now time to decrease meds to maintenance so will see what happens. Will treat with Germaloids suppositries for week as I have feeling it's internal hemmies acting up? Anyone else get occasional blood on paper but no other signs of flare?? This disease is Sooo confusing! X
  • Posted

I have been diagnosed just under a year, the frequency, urgency and lethargy are gone but nine times out of ten I pass blood. I asked my consultant and he was totally unconcerned, he was far more interested in frequency and consistency (gross I know!) and as they are all much improved he said that was the main thing and not to worry. Interestingly when I was first diagnosed my foliate levels (iron reserves) were low and stayed low for about 6 months but have now come up to normal levels yet I still bleed. Ulcerative colitis seems quite a mystery, we all have the condition yet we all have different symptoms.
  • Posted

I have blood every single day

Everytime im at the toilet there's a ton of it comes out

It's not normal but its part of my UC

I need to run to the bathroom in the morning and it's all blood. Horrobke I know x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.