Hello

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi I had my TKR 17 days ago the staples came out 5days ago and I could to over the dressing yesterday, but last night was the most uncomfortable my knee has been since the op, which surprised me a bit as I I had been doing quite well, the knee bend is painfull 5 days ago it was 80 so I'm trying desperately to improve that, also 5 day ago I couldn't lift my leg it felt like I had a ton of bricks strapped to it, but now I'm lifting that really well, what cream is everyone using on their scar please and how soon do you start using it, looking forward toreplies

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've used Vit E oil at the recommendation of my physical therapist. It does a great job of healing all the way to the bone as well as softening the tissue. Just make sure all the scabs are gone and there is no more draining, even the tiniest amount. Don't take even the slightest chance for an infection. Just a guess.....you have been pushing the heck out of yourself and the body is screaming for you to slow down and be sensible. Go back, take your pain meds on schedule, do your excercises on till you hurt not till you are in pain. REST, hydrate a lot, elevate, REST some more, drink another glass of water, elevate. Give yourself a day off and relax

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.