Hello All........Just a THOUGHT

Posted , 11 users are following.

Well guys you all know me. I wish you all the health you can have. I have been on here for 4 years every since I had my Urolift and even before that.

I have had my ups and down over the years but this last years has been very stressful to say the least. I'm not going to say much about it but believe me that it has been to the point that I would just like it all to end one way or another.

I have 6 doctor's that I have to go to for different problems. GP, Heart Doctor, Cardiac Electrophysiology, Urologist, Foot Doctor and Gastroenterology. The last year with all the test and stress I just don't want to go anymore.

I should be making appointments to see them but with everything going on I have not even bothered. I have a block on the lift side, my A-Fib may be back again. my feet and leg problem are due because of my diabetes and then we come to the prostate area. A lot of that has to do with stress.

The Urolift has worked for me but that does not mean that something else will come up in the mean while. Which it has. I have a stricture just before the prostate that has giving me problems, A tight external sphincter. What else is going to happen. What next

When I was younger and working I only sleep 4 or 5 hours a day. My day's and night were good. Now with me not working my times is so messed up. There are day's that I can't sleep. 48 hours has been my tops. There are times when I fall a sleep during the day for a few hours and then I'm up till 6 or 7 am. I get woke up to go to the bathroom but who know if this is a problem

I am sorry that I am venting but I have to talk with someone. I know I have to get it together and take control. I have told many men on here to take one day at a time. I think it is time for me to take my own advice.

I have been doing a lot of reading and stress has to do with a lot of out health issues. If we can control that our life and health would be a whole lot better. We just have to learn to a just.

Take care and god bless you all........Ken

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Ken - you have helped so many men here - you are our guiding light which is why we voted you "Man of the Year" for 2018! You are not an Oracle for nothing!

My wife is a geriatrics nurse (I was smart to plan ahead!) and she says you MUST keep all your appointments. My wife also said you should call Home Health Nurses in your area where a nurse will come in to your home and help you to prioritize your medical issues without any pressure. Maybe you should look into that. When we lived in Texas she did that for seniors still living alone in their homes who were overwhelmed by all their issues and medications.

We learned to do Tai Chi at home to help with all the stress surrounding all my medical issues. It has really helped me a lot.

I will include you in my prayers tonight. We need you here to help us we REALLY do!!

Howard

• Posted

Thank you my friend. Tell your wife thank you also from me.

I have a brother that was a nurse many years ago and a few nieces that are nurses. One is the surgical nurse for the top heart doctor in Michigan. He was the one that found the blockage in my heart and give me the name of the doctor I have now in Florida.

Everything I know is going to work out but I did not think it was going to take so long. I put my health in the back for now trying to work out other problems. I can't do that I know because it will get worst and then where will I be.

Tell your wife not to worry. I use to be very organized. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I was a orderly in a nursing home. I told care of the worst patients that no one else wanted. Women and Men. They I was a ward secretary at night I took care of all the file and pulled them for the nurses to do they charting. This was before the computers. Everything was hand done. Going to have to make my list and get going and try not to worry about anything.

Well see maybe I will get a part time job. Or even go to the gym. I'm only 63. I want to live a while yet to see my grand kids get bigger. I have 5 from 11 to 3 years old.

I don't know about the Tai Chi for stress. Most of the time I use to watch religious or musical to relax. Maybe I should do that again. Every since I lost my weight I don't stress eat anymore.I just get depressed. ( Was 340 at one time and now I am 180 )

Well enough about that. I thank you all for your kind words and prayer. Lets hope we all have good health for the rest of the year and more.

God Bless..........Ken

• Posted

Ken, Hang in there. Things will turn around soon and the bad times will be a distant memory!

• Posted

Thank you I will.

Maybe I will find something else to research and keep my mind off my problems

All the best....Ken

• Posted

**Best wishes for you Ken....

Plus an encouraging agreement and belief in the new year that deliverance has come.!!

With Mega Regards!

• Posted

Ken, so sorry to hear that you're going through all that. As many others on here have already said, please take care of yourself. It sounds like you've already done a lot by reading about how to improve your health, and you're doing what you can.

Certainly you need to stop for a minute and appreciate the kind words from so many guys on this forum whom you have helped. Let those kind words lift your mood and spirits. As you already know, the right frame of mind can go a long way toward improving your physical health.

We're all wishing you all the best. Take care.

Ken

• Posted

Hey Ken

Thank you. It nice to hear I have done some good.

I'm trying to move forward. That is the best I can do. Don't want to fall back in a bad mood. My mind can go to some bad places.

Thanks again for your thoughts.........Ken

• Posted

For sleep ask your Dr about mirtazapine. No guarantee but at 15mg you will probably get at least seven hours of sleep on a regular basis. Sleep affects so many other aspects of health so start with that and maybe the rest will follow.

• Posted

James

Thank you I will ask the doctor. I know the body does need sleep. Years ago when I was working I got 4 to 5 hours but as we get older out body's need more to keep the body healthy

Thanks again.............Ken

• Posted

How long have you been taking mirtazapine ? Is it OK to take it nightly? Is it better than diphenhydramine, an antihistamine? Thanks.

• Posted

About two and a half years.

It is taken at bedtime every day for as long as required. I cant offer a comparison to the drugs mentioned.

• Posted

Only bummer is it says it can cause insomnia when you stop taking it. I would guess don't guit..

Jim

• Posted

Hi Ken:

Over the last year or so I have benefited a lot from your posts. Thank you and I surely wish you well.

Regards

• Posted

Hello Joseph

It's no problem Glad I can help someone. If you need anything PM me and we can talk.

Have a great day and Thank You....Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.