hello everyone

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone i'm new in this forum i've been diagnosed with UC about 2 yrs ago. during these 2 yrs i had several flareups .dec 06 there were times when i had to use the bog for 9 to 12 times a day very uncomfortable. i've been on steroids, presentlyi'm still on mesazaline and enemas. recently i'm feling much better but isometimes i feel this irritating itch in my back side . can anyone hel

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I have a sister who is 31 years old. She was diagnosed UC 2 years ago. She have problem with the itch in the back side. She went to the chemist and explain about her UC and the itch in the back side. They gave her a cream for it. I can't remember what the name of the cream. When i see my sister i get the name of the cream for you. She said the cream helps. Maybe if you are not embrass about ask someone at the chemist shop about your problem. I am sure they will help you out.

• Posted

Yes the itching is a symptom of UC, [b:96f8301054]Lanacane[/b:96f8301054] is a over the counter medication that might help smile
  • Posted

Dr. Spock is right. The cream he gave you the name. That the cream my sister use. It is good cream. You can get it at the chemist shop. Thank you Dr. Spock for reminding me the name of the cream. I couldn't think of it.
  • Posted

hi there thank u 4 all your replies . are any of u guys on a special diet ? i started to feel better when i stopped drinking beer eating seafood , and when i diminished my daily bread intake, and obviosly when i stopped all dairy stuff. it was a bit of a sacrifice at first, but eventualy i got used to it. latley i read that vodka, bacardi and white wine (if took moderatly) doesnt effect it that much. i tried it it effected my head cos the next morning i had a terrible hangover. mind u i didnt even think about drinking moderatly. well people hope to hear from u soon and thanks again .
  • Posted

No Im not on any special diet smile

Gawd I could do with some lanacane myself today but I think Ill settle for a nice cold flannel / wash cloth on the area :D

• Posted

[quote:3a481df0e1=\"valletta\"]hi everyone i'm new in this forum i've been diagnosed with UC about 2 yrs ago. during these 2 yrs i had several flareups .dec 06 there were times when i had to use the bog for 9 to 12 times a day very uncomfortable. i've been on steroids, presentlyi'm still on mesazaline and enemas. recently i'm feling much better but isometimes i feel this irritating itch in my back side . can anyone hel[/quote:3a481df0e1]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.