Hello everyone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was just wondering if you could tell me if some of this symptoms of this include over heating dhydration and I feel unable to sweat without a lot of exersize, sorry my post is brief I've been in a panic a lot lately but baiscly I cannot cool down and the only brief relief i get is from breaking a sweat, I should add when I do break a sweat sometimes it's like a itchy prickly feeling, thanks in advance for any help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Our body uses perspiration mainly to reduce its core temperature. It seems like this temperature control mechanism is not working properly in your case. This symptom can occur due to some disorders or due to certain medications. For more information search the net for hypohidrosis or anhidrosis.  

While you have this condition, I don't think it is recommended to exercise excessively since there is a danger that your body might overheat. 

Did you ever measure your actual temperature (while you are feeling hot)?

Did you have any blood work done? Did you talk to your GP? You posted on the hyperthyroidism forum. Do you suspect it might be related to a thyroid disorder? 

• Posted

I'm returning to doctor tommorow, my tempature appears as normal but it's quite an unbareable heat constantly I've also recent had bloods done which I will ask about tommorow. Exersize is the only relief I can get and I've tried to not over do it either buts it's got me a bit down in the dumps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.