Hello everyone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm posting here in sheer desperation and confusion to be honest and the reason why is for ages I've had lumps appear under my skin their soft to touch like bubble wrap apart from two in my groin airs that feel bigger more harder but I've had the doctor check them out, the reason for me posting on the fibromyalgia forum is to understand what "fibro knots" are ? What lead me mostly to here though was help I had from an orginization for bipolar type two which they tested all my cognitive skills and flagged up several times for poor concentration and short term memoray and fibro popped up.i left it and didn't know what fibro was and just brushed it off as possibley dyslexia but fast forward to now I have these lumps around my body and pain all over my body and a real weird sensitvity to heat ..I'm not sure if that's even a symptom ? I also get goosebumps all the time I think something doesn't work proper with my body's cooling down system, anyway I should add every doctor I have seen doesn't seem concerned for something sinister(I was concerned for non hodgkins) but I'm telling them the truth and I'm so frustrated and experiencing severe anxiety bringing my mood down...I apologise for the long post and I'm not great typing stuff out(possible dyslexia ) so thank you in advance if you take the time to read or reply and aorry again if it's a bit all over the place.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds a bit like some kind of Lymph condition. I had some lumpy soft tissue in my legs years ago and it was nothing serious but they feel tender at times. I would not worry too much. But you could get a referral to see a Rheumatologist to see if you may have Fibromyalgia due to your frequent pain. And if it is, it is manageable with some pertinent info.  Alll the best to you Gram. Maggie 
    • Posted

Hello and thank you for reply magpie2me, I have a bit of a problem with doctors right now as I've been that much in sure they just don't belive me anymore but for instance after posting here I continued having pain/itching and over heating enough to put me off getting a good nights sleep. I'm tired of it all and tired of pleading with docs about my pain issues but I'll re try again today because I've become so fed up with pain issues around my body, all I have to do is touch an area and it will hurt and I did t have that before sometimes it's just completely random where the pain occurs.

• Posted

It could very well be Fibromyalgia. Also are you perhaps experiencing menopause symptoms with the hot flashes? I still have them and I am well past that stage. 
    • Posted

Thank you again for reply, I should of said I'm a male lol my purple pic doesn't do me any favours smile I re visited the doctor and without me mentioning it she said about fibro and said she didn't want to explore than avenue just yet because I don't have a lot of symptoms and I can appreciate that as she was brillant to be honest, she did say it's a possibility and if pain persists she may send me off to be checked and pre scribed me pre gablin is it ? Ps do you have any experience with this drug ? I'm always skepticla about starting new tablets because of my mood disorder. Thank you again for response! 

• Posted

Ok sorry. Mostly women on here but we do have some nice chaps as well. Welcome! Well as for myself, I cannot give you any advice regarding medication. I don't take meds, only an Ibuprofen for a severe migraine once in awhile. Other ones could help you with that advice Gram. I personally have handled my Fibromyalgia for over 35 years in a more holistic way with diet, mild excercise and supplements . I find the side effects to medication tend to increase the challenges for me. All the best in getting answers. .Maggie

• Posted

Thank you and I have to say well done for the diet exersize controlled way, I don't think I'll go the medication route either it just panics me about what it does to me and starts a vicious circle , thanks again though I really do appreciate the advice and taking time out to respond .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.