hello everyone, i need an answer about nodes

Posted , 3 users are following.

if you can feel a gland by touching them, non sensitive and not visible by looking 

is it swollen gland?

whats a swollen gland when they say swollen?

i ask these question cause i recently being anxious and extremely stress and daily check my nodes and im confused 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Lymph nodes in neck and armpits that are bigger than 1 cm(pea or bean size)count as swollen.In the groin area up to 1.5 cm. Lymph nodes have small bubbles inside them that trap bacteria and harmfull things.When they fill up nodes become swollen.Even if they are not fighting infection they still can be felt by some people
    • Posted

they are not that big, very smal may be 2 or 3 mm

when i over touch them they get more visible and sensible 

• Posted

Usually you can tell if a gland (node) is swollen because it will be pretty prominent comp to normal. However, many people can feel them even when they are not swollen.

Lymph nodes can swell for many many reasons, but it usually means they are fighting some sort of infection. For example: a lot of people get swollen glands/nodes when they have strep throat or mono or a even a bad cold. But I've also had swollen lymph nodes on my head/neck from having a spell of bad acne. So it doesn't always mean something serious.

• Posted

thank you for your help 

so another question. 

yesterday i get a huge acne cyst near the bushes of genital. 

ive never had a acne that big, i squeezed and emptied it 

so was it serious or not ?

• Posted

I've had an ingrown hair or shaving irritation there before many times after shaving. Sometimes it will look like a pimple. If you just shaved recently that's probably what it is from, but if you're unsure you could always see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.