Hello everyone in trying to find out has anyone taken effexor I'm a 30 year old male .

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I was told by my doctor to take effexor and also vistrail has anyone taken effexor and if so how did it make you feel?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It didn't agree with me, made me agitated and irritable but it works differently for everyone. A lot of people say it has helped them a lot with depression
    • Posted

Hello , I took effexor yesterday and it made me pass out twice I was burning you inside so bad it felt like someone put a flame all over my body in scared to take it now , I don't need something to massage me feel worse I need and want to heal...
  • Posted

I talked to my phyciatrist yesterday about this med and he said its a good medication but it dies have side effects it's not a first choice for someone who gets side effects from meds like I do from tiny amounts. We went with duloxetine which is the same type but he says a safer option on side effects yet effexor does get very good results if u can get through side effects ! Over all its worth a try it's regarded a good med and a expensive one that they don't like to give on the nhs here in England unless the patient has failed on cheaper options sad iv just come off sertraline to start the duloxetine
  • Posted

I take Effexor. 150 mg. I have done very well on it. The only thing I notice is if I miss a dose or am late at taking it, I feel it. I mean like physically not mentally. I get a fuzzy feeling in my head. But it goes away as soon as I take the next dose.
    • Posted

Hello , I took the 37.5mg and I passed out twice so I'm done with them.
  • Posted

As in faint ? It shouldn't cause passing out ?
    • Posted

When it happened that's all I took at the time , that's why I was told not to take it but that's the reaction my body took from it , it was extremely painful it made me have a stronger attack , I don't ever want to experience that again so now I'm taking something that works well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.