hello fellow sufferers new an' old

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone, i hope ya all well or at least not in too much pain :hug:

as some of ya know, i had a discectomy (i think thats spelt wrong :roll: ) an' fusion on my cervical prolapse last may :ok: i had a small prolapse at L4/L5 in me lumber but wasn't causein' any problems only a little lower back pain .......................................well, i have a numb leg below me knee on me left foot an' drop foot too, i have this contraption ta life me leg in the car!! on friday, just gone i was on my way out, sat in the car an; lifted me leg, instead of usein' me thingy :roll: an' it felt as if somethin' ripped or snapped in me back :wah: the pain was instant an' absolutely incrushiatein' (gawd spelt wrong again!! hehe) i had ta ring me kids an' neighbour ta come an' get me out the car, :cry: my neighbour took me up the hosp where i was kept in fa pain relief!!

i have sciatica down both legs, an' have been told i have a central prolapse :cry: i've been put on even more tablets, so i spend more time sleepin' then what i do awake atm, i'm due up kings in london on 24th where i'm due ta have a brain an' pelvis MRI, an' my gp said, hopefully it will show up any damage in my lumber spine :ok:

i am now in a wheelchair, :cry: mainly cos i keep fallin' an' broke me arms acouple of times hehe!! i cried fa ages cos i didn't want ta go in one, but its helped alot, just wonderin' whay else can go wrong fa me :cry: thin's happen, an' i start ta have MRI's etc, they don't know half the time whether its me MS, me DDD, me OA or a prolapse, they now think i have somethin' wrong with me hip, thats causein' the paralisis in me leg!! :shock:

sorry babbled on again :lol: think it'd be easier on all if they just done a whole bliddy body scan an' get me sorted!!

anyway, i'll finish now, try an' keep smilin' ppl, i know its hard when ya in pain, an' i gonna appologise again fa stayin away so long,

take care ppl, :hug: xx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandy,

Bloody hell girl, what on earth next. Sounds like the L4/L5 prolapse was a disaster waiting to happen. I am currently walking around with two focal prolapses at L4/L5 and L5/S1 ........worse than bulges, but not fully herniated yet and every day I wonder if this will be the day they 'go'!!! They are central, like yours which as you know is the worse place. In hindsight, I wish I didn't know about them. Because I have many leg issues still from the nerve root scarring from the previous surgeries it is difficult to know if what is causing what. From what you have written, looks like you are in the same boat. Doesn't help the bliming pain though while the so called experts are guessing what is causing what!!!!

I hope that you are getting some sensible pain relief that works. If not, keep shouting until you do. You know the ropes.

I too am up at King's on Tuesday at 9.00, will be free about 10.15. If you are up there in the morning, maybe we could meet up??? You have my e-mail address, if you that sounds doable for your timetable. Just let me know. It will be my 54th hospital appointment since February 2008!! Thankfully not all at King's!! I am also back up there on Thursday. AND I HATE THE PLACE!!!!!! But I have litte choice.

Hopefully they will say that it will settle down without surgery. I really hope so. God knows you have been through enough already. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Best wishes,

TFU

• Posted

Jesus H Christ Mandy & I thought I was in a bad way still!!!!!

Hope things are improving from what I just read above !

• Posted

hi Gail, Sara, TFU and Darren XX

And hello to all new sufferers :ok:

All i can say is ''here we go again'' :wah: just seen a consultant, Tuesday, and i have prolapsed C6 and possibly C5. I left it awhile before going to my GP, hopeing all the pain would just go away!! but it didn't, i've been miserable again, cos i know whats coming :steam: so going by last time and the fact i was on the ''urgent'' list, i know i will have at least a 18 month wait!! i just have to wait for an MRI, then wait to be refered to kings!! who i am still under anyway :shock: i think this time is alittle better cos i was already on good meds, haha the consultant said there isn't any better they can give me!! :lol:

anyway, i'll probably be popping back on here now and again,

take care everyone, :wink: XX

• Posted

me again :?:lol:

just got a letter from consultant to my gp's, it says all i said in my last post, but it also says i had all 3 reflexes absent in my right arm :? anyone else had this?? i knew i didn't have one, haha i wondered why he kept doin' it!! :lol: but is it bad news, or nothin' to worry about?? any advice would be fabby :wink:

oh just have to add, to posters that know me, i became a nanny in august!! how great is that?? :D

see ya laters XX

• Posted

Hello mandy - long time no see/speak!!!!

Nothing has changed here other than getting worse (c2-c7 are all knackered now as well as starting with L vertabrae), got divorced, met a new partner, getting married in July (running joke is that she will be pushing me down the aisle!!!) & moved to a different area of the country (but cannot get registered with a GP due to living outside of the boundaries for ALL GP surgeries in the area as house was built just outside of the town & is not actually in the town that the postcode is, so cannot get any treatment required other than short term medication that has no effect). Let's just say what remaining hair has now turned transparant!!!

Even got to the stage that I have to use the mobility trolleys to get around supermarkets (when I get out of the house as agonising to move).

You aren't old enough to be a grandma Mandy wink lol

xxx

• Posted

Hi Mandy,

Good to hear from you. I hadn't checked this site for ages, but today I did and there you were!!! How brilliant that you are now a nana. Sometimes we really need the good things in life to balance out the bad. Sorry to hear though about your upper discs, hopefully you can get to see the Consultant at King's soon. I have moved most of my care from there now. I go to the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London now. They have been great and finally doctors are opening up to talk about the botched surgery. My main problems are the nerve damage that was done to my leg/foot and bladder and bowel. I am having a sacral nerve stimulator put into my back soon which I am hoping will help. But I am still under the care of 4 different hospitals (it was 6!!!) from the botched surgery and unfortunately they don't talk to each other!!! 84 hospital appointments since February 2008 and still counting (for my solicitor). I have been told though that overall there will be no nerve renewal or improvement now......the old \"watchful waiting\" excuse they like to use for why they are going to do nothing to help.

I think that things have changed since 2007.......can you believe it has been nearly three years since we were waiting for surgery at King's. We were caught up in the new regulations that the government was bringing in on 1 August that year......not that that is an excuse, it isn't. It was a horrible time as our little group on here was kept waiting. This site was quite a life line to me back then because we could all exchange information and I was fed up with being treated like a numpty by my GP and the hospital. I can't work now, I had to give up because of the PTSD from the botched surgery and endless hospital appointments.

Getting hold of Gail is probably your best bet because her disc problems were up high in her spine. I will forever be grateful to that girl for introducing me to ........WHEATBAGS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep in touch with what's going on. If you get p*ssed off with King's I can recommend NHNN in London. Probably easier for you to get to than Denmark Hill too. Your file at King's is probably in volumes now....like mine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best wishes

TFU

• Posted

hello darren, xx aw your still in loads of pain, thats not good, but.......meetin' someone else is!! woo hoo!! an' gettin' married too, you pickle :wink: yes i have a grandson, Raikkon, he's near 9 months old now, an' he is a little cutie :D love him to bits, i hope that is a message from you flashin' in my inbox?? :wink: nice to see you again, well cyber-see you :lol: XX

TFU!! hello hunnie XX aww its seems so long since we last spoke sad an' yes 3 years ago we were all so upset, so in pain an' sooo fed up sad. aww you were so bad :cry: but its good news to hear you've moved hospitals, an' the stimulater sounds well worth a try :wink: god i think we're at the stage where we'd try anythin' now eh?? :lol: but has it all changed now?? i'm goin' for an MRI tomorrow, then make an appointment to see the orthopeadic doc again, then it'll be upto him if i need to go up kings again, i'm up kings in may sometime i think, but thats to see my neurologist, he's nothin' to do with surgery, i see him for my MS an' foot drop :wink: i have gail on facebook, she's doin' good, she gets married in a few days, but i can't travel all that way, not with the pain i'm in atm :cry: but i'm sure she'll be up this way one day, as her brother lives in essex, or i'll travel down, when i'm feelin' abit better.

did you ask to move your care over to the other hospital or did someone else do it for you, your GP or someone?? think it'll be interestin' to look at that, thanx :wink:

if your on facebook, send me an invite :wink: hope everythin' goes ok with you, an' hopefully catch you soon, XX

• Posted

[quote:9207e4ebf0=\"daisymoo\"]hello darren, xx aw your still in loads of pain, thats not good, but.......meetin' someone else is!! woo hoo!! an' gettin' married too, you pickle :wink: yes i have a grandson, Raikkon, he's near 9 months old now, an' he is a little cutie :D love him to bits, i hope that is a message from you flashin' in my inbox?? :wink: nice to see you again, well cyber-see you :lol: XX

TFU!! hello hunnie XX aww its seems so long since we last spoke sad an' yes 3 years ago we were all so upset, so in pain an' sooo fed up sad. aww you were so bad :cry: but its good news to hear you've moved hospitals, an' the stimulater sounds well worth a try :wink: god i think we're at the stage where we'd try anythin' now eh?? :lol: but has it all changed now?? i'm goin' for an MRI tomorrow, then make an appointment to see the orthopeadic doc again, then it'll be upto him if i need to go up kings again, i'm up kings in may sometime i think, but thats to see my neurologist, he's nothin' to do with surgery, i see him for my MS an' foot drop :wink: i have gail on facebook, she's doin' good, she gets married in a few days, but i can't travel all that way, not with the pain i'm in atm :cry: but i'm sure she'll be up this way one day, as her brother lives in essex, or i'll travel down, when i'm feelin' abit better.

did you ask to move your care over to the other hospital or did someone else do it for you, your GP or someone?? think it'll be interestin' to look at that, thanx :wink:

if your on facebook, send me an invite :wink: hope everythin' goes ok with you, an' hopefully catch you soon, XX[/quote:9207e4ebf0]

my MRI was cancelled yesterday :cry: cos i have metal in my neck :? although kings still do MRI's on me :x what aload of crap, if you ask me, now i have more waitin', crikey it'll be a year soon i've waited just to get a bloody MRI!! :shock: this system gets worse!!

• Posted

hello, gail, darren, ses, tfu an' all fellow sufferers XX

just a quick update cos i'm tired sad

finally had my MRI's done at local hospital, went to see consultant for results today :shock: well i have two prolapese in my neck, and one of them is the one i had surgery on two years ago :cry: its a central prolapse and pushing directly on the spinal cord!! how could this happen? :evil:

i still have the lumber prolapse too, which they wouldn't touch cos of all the nerve damage down there, but that has been worse this last 10 months or so :evil: and was told today to mention it to the surgeon when i get to see him again about my neck :shock: don't think i'll get my hopes up somehow!

so been told to take it easy again :roll: er....... yeh ok! :x

right thats it, oh and she's put it down as urgent again! hahahahahaha my last one was urgent/an emergency and still took 14 months :twisted:

haha so we'll see this time, i just may break my own record :lol:

g'nite PD ppl :hug: XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.