Posted , 8 users are following.
Hello everyone, thank you for taking your time in reading my post.
I just came back from my 5th doctor appointment in 4 months, and surprise suprise, heard the usual you're stressed and it's nothing speech.
A bit of background im a white 23 year old female, student, living in europe.
in late february, following a bad sinus infection and a round of anti-biotics, i started experiencing a nasty head pressure feeling+ nausea on a daily basis almost, especially after meals. It almost feels like gastritis, my saliva becomes thicker, my head hurts and i have a general feeling of sickness (but no violent urge to throw up). Four months have passed, in which I've done:
1. 3 weeks of omeprazole 20mg a day (without success)
2. Gastroscopy showing that I have mild gastritis
3. 2 weeks of Zantac ( 150 mg a day, helped a bit, but made me even dizzier )
4. 2 months of Omeprazole 80mg a day (worked for 2 weeks, then it stopped)
5. Blood test indicating high cholesterol levels (260) and slight anemia
6. Helicobacter Pylori negative, tried mastic gum anyway, made me sicker
7. Aloe Vera juice gives me 10 minutes relief
8. Gaviscon or Tums give me an hour relief max, but then i get rebound acid which is actually worse.
9. I take L-glutamine and slippery elm from which i see mild relief (started a week ago) but I'm not sure where it is going
I truly need to hear from you so I can understand if anyone else is experiencing what I am experiencing. My symptoms are:
1. certain days I get a headache
2. other days I get nausea
3. After meals I have this strong urge to shut my eyes down and sleep, I also have nausea, my mouth feels warm and head pressure.
4. My bowel movements are frequent (twice a day) but I have no diarrhea or constipation
5. Im irritable
6. I also take contraceptives (but its been 2 years and 3 months)
7. diet seems to help but not so much, the gastro said i may have gerd, but I can eat tomatoes and lemons without struggling, whereas coffee and tea or chocolate literally kills me.
8. Less sugars seems to mildly help, however im not sure
9. Im very fatigued however my bloodwork seemed normal
10. often wonder whether it could be related to my gallbladder or liver but I have no pain whatsoever
Could you please share your opinions or experiences if you have lived something similar or had a loved-one or a friend experience this?
I'll be forever grateful, could use any advice at this point!
0 likes, 6 replies
Hi I'm so sorry about you both. Its sad when you can't even rely on the medical field. That is outrageous and I'm dumbfounded about the care we receive if none at all. You sound like you have it down to get yourself well. My hat is off too you. Hopefully Sara will listen to you. Also thanks for the info. Good job.😎
You have a diagnosis of mild gastritis. Trust your gastroscopy result and your doctor. Avoid your trigger foods and stick to a bland diet, avoiding spicy, fatty and rich foods. Do a food diary to see what other foods irritate your stomach. Everyone has different triggers. I have GERD and can eat most foods including tomatoes or chocolate. Excessively fatty and spicy foods either make me feel sick or vomit or get intense heartburn. I often cough before or after food. Frequent Gaviscon and milk really soothe my stomach. Perhaps try milk.
I wonder if you are low in iron or another trace element! Sounds like your anti-imune system isnt doing what it should.
Out of interest i prefer Peptac instead of Gaviscon now, it can be bought over the counter too. It really hits the spot!
Just a couple of thoughts. Take care.
Lots of complaints about know nothing doctors which force people to seek help on this forum. Your best bet is to go to a hospital E/R where they can give you complete testing on equipment that other doctors don't have and can give you immediate results and advice.
The mind boggles at how little doctors actually know, a lot of them get paid for nothing. 80% of the immune system is located in the digestive system. You want to start from there, a healthy stomach will lead to a healthy mind. Start with probiotics with prebiotics, at least 50 CFU’s. Take Betaine hydrochloric acid with pepsin. Change your diet to a Mediterranean style diet, lots of veg and olive oil. If buying olive oil, make sure it says extra virgin olive oil, and make sure it’s unfiltered. I’ve done this and for the first time in years, I don’t need pills in order to eat. Ditch the PPI’s, if you have to take pills, take Ranitidine instead of the PPI’s, these pills are shocking, the side affects are terrible. Good luck 👌😉.
Join this discussion or start a new one?New discussion Reply