Posted , 8 users are following.
Hello everyone, thank you for taking your time in reading my post.
I just came back from my 5th doctor appointment in 4 months, and surprise suprise, heard the usual you're stressed and it's nothing speech.
A bit of background im a white 23 year old female, student, living in europe.
in late february, following a bad sinus infection and a round of anti-biotics, i started experiencing a nasty head pressure feeling+ nausea on a daily basis almost, especially after meals. It almost feels like gastritis, my saliva becomes thicker, my head hurts and i have a general feeling of sickness (but no violent urge to throw up). Four months have passed, in which I've done:
1. 3 weeks of omeprazole 20mg a day (without success)
2. Gastroscopy showing that I have mild gastritis
3. 2 weeks of Zantac ( 150 mg a day, helped a bit, but made me even dizzier )
4. 2 months of Omeprazole 80mg a day (worked for 2 weeks, then it stopped)
5. Blood test indicating high cholesterol levels (260) and slight anemia
6. Helicobacter Pylori negative, tried mastic gum anyway, made me sicker
7. Aloe Vera juice gives me 10 minutes relief
8. Gaviscon or Tums give me an hour relief max, but then i get rebound acid which is actually worse.
9. I take L-glutamine and slippery elm from which i see mild relief (started a week ago) but I'm not sure where it is going
I truly need to hear from you so I can understand if anyone else is experiencing what I am experiencing. My symptoms are:
1. certain days I get a headache
2. other days I get nausea
3. After meals I have this strong urge to shut my eyes down and sleep, I also have nausea, my mouth feels warm and head pressure.
4. My bowel movements are frequent (twice a day) but I have no diarrhea or constipation
5. Im irritable
6. I also take contraceptives (but its been 2 years and 3 months)
7. diet seems to help but not so much, the gastro said i may have gerd, but I can eat tomatoes and lemons without struggling, whereas coffee and tea or chocolate literally kills me.
8. Less sugars seems to mildly help, however im not sure
9. Im very fatigued however my bloodwork seemed normal
10. often wonder whether it could be related to my gallbladder or liver but I have no pain whatsoever
Could you please share your opinions or experiences if you have lived something similar or had a loved-one or a friend experience this?
I'll be forever grateful, could use any advice at this point!
0 likes, 6 replies