Hello I am new

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am a 27 yr old female, I was diagnosed in 2015 at 25 although I've had symptoms since I was 22 my first mark appeared on my right ankle during my second pregnancy. Through out my research of GA I had hoped mine would be mild and disappear. Wishful thinking........I now have marks on both ankles huge. A mark on my right elbow, and small ones have popped up over the past year on both hands and some marks on my calves. My belief is that this is an autoimmune diseases such as eczema and is triggered by a large number of occurrences, (external) weather change, sun, injury and (internal) chemical imbalances such as, stress, diet, medications, and other health issues. Obviously mine are so bad I believe I have the kind that will never go away. My questions are the following: (if any one can help) are their doctors on this forum? Has gene therapy been an option? Have tattoos in the target areas seem to make you less or more prone to break outs? Does anyone have a history of skin diseases in their families? (My father has vitiligo) and could this be associated with liver malfunction?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Kristiana,

I started with just elbows then it spread to my entire body with exception of my face.  I did try holistically and accupucture along with herbs.  None of this helped.  I eventually went on Plaquinil.  This can take 3-6 months to start working but I can say I was on it for one year and I entirely cleared up with the exception of a few plaque on the top of my hands.  I really did not think this was going to work just because I was covered. 

I know so many people who use this drug for many different autoimmune diseases.  Especially Lupus. 

I would try it.

Nicole

• Posted

That sounds promising! All though many have accredited ROM with success I question the dangers. Antibiotics are something your body needs to respond to in times of crisis and if your body has a built up an immunity you could succumb to a life threatening infection/diseases. Thank you for your response Nicole :-).
  • Posted

I have vitiligo & this GA has nothing to do with that. No family history of it.  I do take prescription antihistamine and I haven’t gotten any new spots. Mine started with a spider bite on my hand. I have only gotten GA where I have been bitten by spiders. Weird. I have gotten two tats after this started and that didn’t cause anymore. I have one on hand & two on one of my elbows. I noticed spider bites after cleaning gutters out. With the prescription no more have showed up & now I wear long elbow length gloves when doing gutters or gardening. Doctor did test to confirm it is GA. Hope this settles you a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.