Hello, I Am New

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, i had my first TN attack 5 year's ago the paint on the left side of my face, went to Hospital broke alot of chairs just to deal with the pain, i was put on cabamazepine , but stoped taken them after i found myself walking around a park at the middle of the night with no ideal how i got their, the pain was on and off for a the next 2 year's then no pain until yesterday 08/10/2018 , 

Just a lil Story on me, 

Hope everyone has a pain-free day 

Smox confused

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for sharing that information about the cabamazepine and what it can do.

I have been on Amitriptyline but only for a few weeks.Since the hot weather went away, I have had a lot less discomfort. I notice my symptoms come back when the heat and humidity is bad and also if I allow alcohol and junk food back into my diet.

• Posted

Hi Smox

Are you back on drugs again and have you tried something other than Carbamazepine?

Cheers

Big D

• Posted

Hi hope you are having a pain free day i understand what you mean. i have had TN for 5 years now and about the Carbamazepine it made me felt lost told my doctor but all they say lower the dose so i finally started taking CBD oil drops in my tea to help sleep at night and Lidocaine moth wash to numb my mouth the pain in my tongue makes it worse finally my doctor added baclofen along with Carbamazepine and it seems to help out a bit better without having the high dose of Carbamazepine alone hope this helps . And wish everyone a pain free day !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.