Hello I am new to this forum.I am feeling so down.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have no interest in anything. I worry constantly, about my elderly parents , my kids and my lack of interest in my husband (in every way). Feel so sad 

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi nice to meet you what is your symptoms you did not say,how are you feeling darling.
  • Posted

Please don't feel down Vivd. We all have similar experiences.

I feel the same about life; not much interest in anything. I sometimes feel that I am not living. Then I remember I live but just we are paused for the time being... PAUSED for menapause...

• Posted

Ah good way of looking at it! I feel like we need a pause to take care of ourselves! 
  • Posted

I do understand...I hate that I have so much anxiety plus lack of interest at times in all the things you mentioned..I find alternating between forcing myself to get out (besides work) at least once a week helps, whether it be coffee alone or with a friend, getting nails done, buying a LITTLE something for myself like a lotion or book occasionally, and also just basically hibernating..cuddle up with a blanket, put a favorite game show on and drinking tea..I know it is awful but it comes and goes and I can almost promise you will feel better shortly..I’ve been to where I cannot even answer these posts because I’m too tired and sad and have nothing to offer anyone but it passes..Please keep in touch!😘

• Posted

Hi Vivd1962 - I think I can certainly say I have walked in your shoes.  After being the sole caregiver for my elderly parents in some capacity for 11 years, getting kids off to college, managing two households & helping my husband in his business...I am 5 years post menopause and after finalizing my parents estate last year, I basically have spent the last year in what I would describe as a “meltdown”. I truly believe my body was in a state of adrenal overdrive for so long that my physical, mental & emotional well being has taken a beating & my body is just now (it’s been over a year) is starting to calm down & regroup - I had every possible menopause symptom, but now looking back, I was so stressed and I just suck @ self care, so instead of eating better during times of stress, I was self medicating with food and junk...it’s a vicious circle - I think for some of us who are caregivers at heart, we think we are not entitled to be selfish with ourselves, at least that was my issue - I have learned the hard way...I am now overweight, battling high blood pressure & elevated cortisol (probably causing my high b/p) & elevated glucose.  The point I am trying to make is, you can & you will get thru these sad & depressing times even though you think you can’t,  but in the meantime, remember to be good to yourself & take good care of you - just like they tell you on an airplane, put the oxygen mask first on yourself! Take care!

• Posted

I'm with you there!!  Lack of interest-- my cooking has gone downhill, decorating for holidays, interest in shopping and vacations are out the window..  Over the summer I was worried about my parents--- this has lifted. Now it's about the kids!!  They are great kids but I still worry for them.  And I would much rather stay home and send spouse and kids for dinner.  Try to do something for yourself!!  Talk a walk with a friend or even chat over coffee.  It does help to put yourself first.. Be kind to yourself!

• Posted

Right there with you. On top of no interest I feel constantly ill. I've become very mean, actually abusive toward my husband. He would do literally anything to help me. I can't stand myself.

• Posted

Awww Leslie, I am the same towards my husband. He can't get anything right in in my opinion. I am constatntly criticising him! He of course retaliates back now. It is a war zone! There is no peace in the house anymore.. .. not sure what to do

• Posted

Owwww girls I feel for us ALL.

Debra, thank you for your comments, such a help to us carers for elderly parent(s), it’s so hard some days I feel that I myself have disappeared.

To us all - check your iron levels are ok, take a magnesium supplement and maybe also vit B complex, all these can be a cause of our low feelings.

• Posted

hi im feeling the same way im 48 and i dont have any energy for anything i go to bed and try not to lay to close to my husband i feel i just dont like him anymore much i have no interest in sex with him as i get no good feelings from it anylonger. so he will just get fedup of me or just go ahead and do it anyways wile i just hate it. i feel sad im this way as i used to be compleat opposite. my blood presure keeps going above 85 so dr wont give me hrt which is not good to me as i read meno causes high bloodpresure so i think i need it. i have five children at home so i find it hard to cope with them all as three teenagers two twins aged 9 i need to bet some energy from somewere i need to stop feeling sad and old and grumpy. i dont get out at all exept to go school. i started a class i go to once a week for a few hours but then im home tryi g to cope with everythi g iv been a carer all my grown up life aswell as a mother and now i just dont have a freind to talk to i only have family. i feel i need to leave home and get a life i need to cheer up be happy but i cant as i have to be at home for the kids and husband. my husband dosnt help me like him he just so borring dosnt want to do anything winter dosnt help does it cold gloomy and i just want to sleep most of the time as i dont get any in night i suffer with sweats fast heart rate and spinning head.

i hate menoporse all women should get hrt from 40s on so they can carry on with work kids and what ever as i feel in this day and age its just not the same and we alot younger than our mothers and grand mothers felt at our age. i dont even look or dress my age i just feel old cos of symptoms.i had my last two children at 40 i need energy for them i hate my dr for saying no.my motherinlaw is in her late seventies and in america shes been taking hrt since 45 and shes fiter than me and looks 55 so it keeps you young and healthy  why is uk so different.

• Posted

Thank you for all your kind thoughts. Have taken a couple of days off work after two nights of no sleep. This is a new one as I have always been a good sleeper. I will re read your comments as I am sure to get even more out of them. Thank you all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.