Hello! I am planning to start a herbal treatment for my headache.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have a tension headache for about one year now.

The doctor said that the only way for the is to take antidepressants.

Before doing that I want to try one last thing.

I made some research and I found out that the best herbs for treating

tension headaches are guarana, ginseng and white willow. I plan to take all three of them.

I already found proof in the internet that there is synergy between guarana and ginseng. Is that so?

Also how about white willow? Does the combination of the three is a good idea?

I would be happy to recieve some advice.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Give up ALL WHEAT, in every form. Search for blogs where people report no more headaches after giving it up
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice. I will search and inform myself about that. I consume wheat very rarely though and I am vegan, so I doubt that is the reason, but I will check it out nevertheless.
    • Posted

If you are Vegan it could be your body is lacking some important nutritional component. You should see a certified nutritionist for advise.
    • Posted

And the reason I became vegan, was because of the headaches. I was vegeatarian before. But I noticed that my migraines attackes get triggered by dairies.
  • Posted

Try eliminating foods from your diet to see if your allergic. Keep the gut free of bad bacteria.
    • Posted

I will keep more attention to that. Thank you.
  • Posted

Ginger tea, made from grated fresh ginger, is supposed to lessen the duration and severity of headaches.  It should be taken regularly whether you have a headache at the time or not.  Feverfew, guaranteed to have the right amount of whatever the active ingredient is, taken for a period af a month or more can also reduce headaches.  It should not be taken indefinitely.  Once it has seemed to work, i.e. you notice you have fewer headaches and they aren't as severe, stop taking it for a couple of months or until you notice the frequency of headaches is starting to increase again.
  • Posted

I am a big fan of herbal remedies as they helped me recover from PMR without taking steroids, but bear in mind they can have powerful effects and you are right to question the synergy. Personally I would see a qualified herbalist who will listen to what you are saying about your symptoms and check with you about how the herbal medicine is working. I ended up with a cocktail of about 10. They did the trick but I wouldn't have managed to work all this out for myself.
    • Posted

I guess I should find a new one. I already visited one 6 months ago, but the herbs she prescribed had absolutely no effect. She said they were supposed to take effect the 3d month.
  • Posted

Check out Essential Oils made from PLANTS not scented oils. You will be amazed to discover their healing powers and rid you of the tension headaches. Research proof confirms this.
  • Posted

Have you tried visiting a herbalist or naturepath to help you with this? I think they would be able to offer you a variety of treatments to target the headache..and unlike a gp will support you in finding out the cause behind your headaches.

I would recommend acupuncture though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.