Hello i had blood test yesterday and my ESR is 60mm and my age is 19 years what are the symptoms ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Do reply plz

My ESR is 60mm and my age is 19

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi.An elevated ESR can be caused by many things,mostly inflammation.  The test is nonspecific and will not tell you what is wrong, it just tells you that there is inflammation in the body.Have you done full blood count,differential or something else ? Do you have any other symptoms?
    • Posted

I had infection in blood

Doctors said that it's normal not a big issue

You just havw to control your diet

What would you say ?

• Posted

The infection is the reason for the elevated ESR.It will take quite a long time for the ESR to go back to normal,probably 3 weeks.If you want,you can  repeat the ESR and the full blood count after that.
    • Posted

The ESR will normalise weeks after the infection is gone.You cant make it go down faster.If you have no other symptoms i dont see a prob with you going abroad.The doctor told you ,you have infection based on Aa full blood count or were there other tests?
    • Posted

No yesterday i just went to a hospital which was sugeested by embassy they called me and said you've infection in your blood and you ESR is 60mm and the requirement is 26mm

• Posted

Telling you,you have infection based only on ESR is not exactly perfect.I suggest you do FBC and differential and CRP just so you dont worry about it
    • Posted

No it is not,but again based only on ESR we cant talk.If you do FBC differential or CRP ,then we can conclude if it is infection.My opinion is not to worry about that it is probably nothing,even if it is infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.