hello , i have been suffering pain in my left knee for 2 moth now

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello , i have this pain in my left knee which started 2 month ago , i went to a couple of doctors did a mri , blood test, xray  and all of them shows nothing i did not get hit or injured as far as i remmeber , it just happen and the pain is unsufferable especialy when i work or stand alot so if anyone have any suggestion what it might be i would be greatfull and thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Go back to your gp and request referral for pain management.
  • Posted

Do have any signs of internal bleeding in the joint? Also, were these docs orthopods or GPS? Make sure you have a good seasoned orthopod and as a side just ask about possibility of pvns. Pvns is a very rare almost diabotical benign tumor that has two forms. It hit me 12 yes ago and an orthopod group of 8 with over 100 yes between them had never seen a case either in practice or med school. The pain is unbelievable.
    • Posted

actually i guess there is they wrote in the mri that there is a litte more liquid in my knee than should be i will ask them , and three of them were orthopods from the best in the area and other 2 also from the top and thanks
  • Posted

hello , thanks for the replay i could take pain killer but it wont cure the problems it just cures the sympepts and thanks
  • Posted

where is the pain in your knee?  I had similar experience but I only give a suggestion if your pain is where mine was.  I had 2 MRIs,  2 bone scans, two blood tests and a biopsy.  It took 3 drs. before someone figured out why I had the pain.  Do not give up! I also had terrible pain at night.  Are you having that?
    • Posted

hey, thanks for the reply , the pain is on the whole knee i also have more pain in night what was your condetion?
  • Posted

I have a calcification of the medial lateral ligament.  It wasnt diagnosed through the MRI or bone scans.  When I had x-rays done 8 months later it showed the calcification.  If you have pain caused by a ligament, I would try the injection.  It helps with the inflammation (fluid) caused by the injury to it.  It is the least invasive treatment and if it works, that's great !
  • Posted

I was told after a similar investigation there was nothing to see. However, a uear and a half later the pain became much more acute and I was told I had a bakers cyst that had ruptured. I was later informed this cyst, though small at the time, appeared on the first scan. So, I would suggest you go and ask your gp to check it out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.