Hello I have just started HRT

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have terrible night and day hot flushes so have decided to go on HRT  Elleste Duet 1mg. 3 days so far and slight decrease in flushes. Hope to update later as I progress on these. Anyone else no how long before they stop the hot flushes 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Just started the green tablets today any help on when does the bleeding start/stop? Still having mild hot flashes 7/10 a day 😩

• Posted

Hi Im on the same hrt  6 weeks now  I had horrendous night sweats and also throughout the day  since starting the hrt all flushes have stopped within first week... thats the only good thing  I have unbelievable anger episodes and general extremely low mood daily  so I dont think hrt going to help with that ...
    • Posted

That's good news. Just hope my go early days so I will wait and see. Hope you don't mind me asking. Do you any bleeding and if so how long ?

• Posted

Hi Paula25654 sorry meant to get back to you ages ago  That is 2 pkts completed started on the 3rd lot this morning at end of the first month  only showed a little bleeding but for the last week on the 2nd packet its still ongoing not heavy but that is 9 days now  definitely not happy with that and not to mention the moods or should i say anger issues  slightest wee thing and I hit the roof... and the very tender boobs ...but flushes have stayed away wink
    • Posted

Hi I'm on my second packet 2 days in. God terrible bleeding heavy and tender breast.still having mild flushes. Not sure I want to bleed heavy every month. Thinking about going back to doctors. But gonna give it 3 months. I also have terrible mood swings.

• Posted

......Same  i have cancelled an appt cause I just know the doc would have said "you need to give it the full 3 months"  so back on the 18th (takes ages to get appt here) but it feels im having horrors being on hrt and if i come off it will still have horrors just different types of problems...cant bloomin win  you must be a month behind me then as im 2 days in to 3rd packet..my thinking at the moment is that i will be asking for a differt type after the 3 months up...  hang in there biggrin

• Posted

How you getting on. I'm on the second packet of green tablets  and the hot flushes are back . Really fed up now. Stomach huge and sore breasts. Going to doctors see if I can change tablets. 

• Posted

Hey Paula25654   been back to docs but she wasnt willing to change the hrt  I have to give it longer apparently  ..been really low  and emotional and now have restless legs..great eh !!!  the nausea is only now starting to lift  still have sore boobs mostly in the morning

I have noticed people describing their hrt tablets in colours....  mine are all white !!

I keep hoping this time next week i will feel the positive effects..lol   

You should go back and let your doctor know you are uncomfortable and feel rubbish 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.