Hello I'm new! Awaiting a CT scan

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello thought I would introduce myself, I am 39 years old, looking back I have always had toilet issues, but over the last 2 years it's got worse and I have now been prescribed anti depressants as the doctor thinks it's stress related IBS! I'm not convinced this is the answer but I'm willing to give it a go! My main symptoms are...I constantly feel that i need the loo, I go 3-5 times a day, but never feel empty, it is as though I can feel the poo sat in my bottom, I'm regularly sore from wiping so much too, I've had a sigmoidoscopy which was clear, I'm now waiting for anCT scan which I think will show if anything as I won't be 'empty' for it like i was for the sigmoidoscopy. With the constant feeling of needing the loo it has put me off doing my regular exercise as I am in constant fear I'll have an accident as the feelings are that intense! I also suffer from Lots of rumblings and I don't mean from my tummy From my bottom!?? Also I worry when I need to pass wind as quite often it feels that poo will come out instead!? Anyone else suffer like this and know of what can help? I'm so fed up of the way I feel all the time!!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do u blood in ur stool? Feel any kinda cramps or aches n pain in lower abdomen or back ? Feel nauseated? Plus do u experience constipation or not? R u iron deficient?
    • Posted

Hi no non of the above, my iron was slightly low after bloods I just had but they said to just take multi vits plus iron! X
  • Posted

Flik

Wait for your tests then see how you go, if it is Anxiety and you have been given a clear bill of health you will know what your needs are and understand you are worrying about something that is all in your mind.

Hopefully all will go well for you and you will be able to move on

BOB

• Posted

Thanks Bob, I'm hoping you're right! But if it is in my mind how do I stop it! I'm trying CBT and diet change at the mo! I'm hoping to have the CT scan in a couple of weeks!

Jo.x

• Posted

I am the same.

On one of my better more rational days I can see how unlikely it is to be anything other than IBS-3 Docs have told me it is.

However until I have the last test to look at my bowels I know I wont rest.

I am having my CT Scan at the start of March.

Maybe by April I can leave all this worry behind!

• Posted

Hello Flik22 ,

Just reading your post and I have had almost the same thing as you for about a month now needing the loo about 4 times a day rumbling stomach and worrying when I go out about needing the toilet 😡Had enough now but can't get a doctors appointment for 2 weeks but have started the probiotic drinks this week to see if that helps , but will probly have to go through the tests once I see my doctor 😦 It's a worry all right which like you said starts the stress off .

keep us informed on here how your doing 🤔It really helps knowing I'm not alone with my worries, and helping until I see my doctor . 🙏

• Posted

Hi Anne, it's horrible isn't it, I've been like this for nearly a year now! Finally plucked up courage to start getting looked into last

September! I do have some better days but not many! The probiotic drinks will take a few weeks to get in your system, I'm not sure they do anything to be honest!? Keep me updated with how you are too, it's great to know we're not alone out there! I talk to friends but none of them experience what I do! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.