Hello, I'm New Here :)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just joined this site /group in the hope it will help me to finally stop smoking permanently. Currently preparing myself for this

and have already cut down a lot. I'm not using any NRT but cannot go CT - so I'm gradually cutting down and facing/dealing with 'triggers' everyday. 

I feel I can do this and I'm already well on my way to succeeding. The day is coming when I will finally be able

to say - "I Quit Em My Way" biggrin

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I wish you all the luck in the world I needed NRT and after 40yrs Im on my way to a seconed year of not smoking and no looking back now. So well done so far.
    • Posted

Hello Graham - thank you for your good wishes. smile

Well Done to you on your upcoming second year of freedom from the old nico. I believe it doesn't matter how we get there, as long as we

do, and we stay there. smile

• Posted

Good luck to you, its difficult but it looks like you have your mind set to the task.

cheers

Karen

• Posted

Hi Kats, sorry for delay replying - I've not been in here for couple of days. 

Thank you for the good wishes, much appreciated biggrin

• Posted

well done. I gave up in January with the help of hypnotherapy after 50 years of smoking. It helps if you have people around you to give you a pat on the back now and then. Good luck. Hope all goes well. 
    • Posted

Hi Beaubic, Thank You for your reply and good wishes biggrin

I don't really have many people around me offline, but online

support can be just as good - maybe even better as it is more

easily available at any time you need it. ( Phoning a friend at

3 AM is not really an option lol )

Congratulations and Well Done on your 8 month quit biggrin

• Posted

Hi, I gave up easily over a year ago with the aid of Champix tablets. Worth thinking about....loads of info on the internet about them. Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi Debbie, Thank You for your reply and good wishes biggrin

I have read quite a lot of reports on Champix and it's 

success rate. Did you have the strange dreams I've 

read about too ? I know some people said they actually 

'reduced' the Champix dose and that helped in stopping

the dreams. 

Congratulations and Well Done on your year + quit biggrin

• Posted

Hi, yes, really vivid dreams. I refuced the dose to help the nausea and headaches that kicked in on week 3. But the side effects were worth it. I thank my lucky starts every day! Good luck whatever you chose to do.
  • Posted

Hi again I also quit with champix yes they do give you dreams but im a bad sleeper so to me the dreams were ok and most of them very good Ha Ha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.