Hello. I'm new here and have a question

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi All,

Thanks for being here. I feel lost.

Last week I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis. I went to the ER after vomting and in severe upper abdominal pain for hours. They gave me IV fluids and pain meds and a med to stop the vomiting. The ER doc sent me home with anti nausea medicine and pain medicine. 

After a week I'm still having upper abdominal pain and nausea. It comes in waves. I can't get an appointment iwht a gastroenterologist for another month. I'm afraid this will get worse before I can get in to see a doctor. Should I go back to the ER or should I try to wait it out? I don't want to do any more damage to my pancreas. :-(

What do you think?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am the expert at calming a pancreas with a handful of attacks over the last three years I have learned all there is about home treatment. First get some organic prune juice and organic aloe juice drink these a few times a day over two days. Green tea with lemon fresh. And also ingesting raw ginger. Calms all of this down. There are pancreas massage techniques on you tube do these several times a day. Stay away from stress and alcohol and heavy proteins. Heat on your back with a heated pad also helps. Good foods are broths with garlic. Yogurts and salads. But I can't stress enough water and the above juices. Should have you feeling much better after three days I never believed in pain pills. But Ibuprofen 800 mg every eight hours keeps pain at bay while doing the juice and massage and heat. Give it a try and let me know. Also buy grape seed pills from the market. They reduce swelling in the pancreas.

• Posted

Thank you, Poppy! I'll definitely take your advice. Thank you thank you thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.