Hello, i need information with mirtazapine and urine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, i have a urgent question to make.

The question is: Does Mirtazapine / Remeron, cause blood trace on urine?

I ask because im in big confusion. Ever since 2018 when i started tapering this medication, i been getting in my result's, not only some infection or some bacteria's, but also, trace of blood, minimal buts there. And i want to know if any of you ladies or man, has had that while tapering off the med or while taking this and if its related with mirtazapine. Ive ask multiple times and they say its nothing to worry about, but i cant help wonder why and what's causing it, and ive been suspecting on this pill, because ever since i started tapering, everything´s been upside down. I also know that mirt causes urine infection and urge to go too often to pee. Plz if any of you has or had experience with this because of the med let me know.

Also, plz dont leave scary comments about other illness or any medical problem, i already know of that so lets skip it 😃 thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

i had traces of blood in my urine many times withdrawing, all clear now xx

• Posted

Oh what a relief! did it also caused you to be more prone to infections? like urine or vaginal infections? and urge to pee to often and not being able to fully empty the bladder? I've been experiencing that and I'm a very clean and responsible person so i don't even know why all of the sudden its been 31 days of pure hell with this infections and stuff.

anyways, thank you for your reply!!

• Posted

I have just posted similar on this forum.

I can't find anywhere that urinary problems are particularly common but I have found that withdrawing from mirtazapine seems to be the culprit for my UTI symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.