Hello I've been going through anxiety and panic attacks for a while now usually it will come and go

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok I've been on citalporam for 4 days and it feels like it's getting worse I'm debating if I should stop I take 2mg of atavin at night and I still don't sleep? What should I do I'm so mad that I'm going into Thanksgiving like this

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Give it time. Your body will adjust soon. It will eventually pass. Pray, it really helps.
    • Posted

Ok yes I pray alot and trusting god to heal me from this. How long do you think it will be till I start feeling relief
    • Posted

Prayer really works friend. Don't give up. Some people would take a week and some maybe longer than a week but usually the symptoms will lessen until the body adjust. Don't give up. It will pass soon.
  • Posted

It will get worse before it gets better, persevere it will work but will take up 2-4 weeks or maybe a bit longer. It's the hardest thing I've done In my life but have at last stuck to it. I'm on day 32 and although I'm wobbly today, last week was quite good. You are doing the worst bit xxx keep going xxx big hug xxx
  • Posted

Hi Tanya

it took me about 10days before the side effects started tapering off. You do feel worse before feeling better and I kno early days can be scary and exhausting eespecially when sleep is interrupted. Don't give up it will get so much better. Keep taking the tabs xxxx

• Posted

Hi Tanya, did the atavin work for sleep before?  How long have you been on it, and do you use it every night?

From what I have read of people going on citalopram, bad anxiety is a side effect that seems to last quite a long time, for some well over a month.  Everyone who has made it past the side effects says keep going, it is worth it.  Only you can decide whether four or more weeks of such anxiety is worth pushing through.  I've read people saying it took three months!

• Posted

Don't give up..it's too soon...read my story and you will see how I also wanted to give up...I just started working also so that's a big step for me because I'm homeless ..I lost it all with this depression.

I also take Ativan at night and sometimes during the day and I sleep good.

I started Citi on Oct 5th I believe, and it's still not on its full potential...Don't give up just yet.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Tanya

Don't worry l was on these stopes them because l could not handle the effects so went back to doctor who put me on Diazapan for two weeks 3 a day down to 1 a day now still get aniexty but not so bad l find that talking to friends and counsellor really helps the problem is that the doctor will only supply 2 weeks of Diazapan will let you no how l go talkin about it really helps even if it's to a stranger l mean a counsellor don't worry your not going mad it just life sometimes throws these things at us and some deal with it better then others keep going your get through this Paul

• Posted

Btw when I I started taking Citi it was in the mornings...it was awful with all the side effects..I changed it to nighttime and it all went away.it really made a difference. My Dr sent me Buspar and I stopped it because it made it worst for anxiety....Ativan is great for me.
    • Posted

Hi how do you take ativan at night or mornings and how many do you take of both

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul...I take one if I'm anxious during the day of 1 mg and at bedtime.I take 25mgs of citalopram and 1 mg of Ativan.
  • Posted

Hi Tanya

I have been taking 20mg of citlaopram for 5 weeks now and I'm definitely feeling better but it took about 4 weeks to start working, when I started in October my anxiety heightened big time and it got a lot worse for about 10 days but then it started slowly to get better, try and stick with it, definitely worth it, hope things improve for you soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.