Hello is anyone there?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im having all the symptoms of cosco I told my husband as   was crying i need a support group im currently on steroids a 6 day packet and its releiving but not back to myself yet... It all started like 2 months ago with just  heavy like sensation on my left sidde chestwall the a few weeks after a tingle between my breast and a few weeks after that it was a stiff burning of the collar bone swelling and burning all the way ro my ears my back has tingling my neck and breast I feel pressure in my neck throat burns really scary and its all inflammation im wondering how i go from feeling fine to feeling tired and not getting out the bed i have a whole family and literally have to push myself out of bed

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

Hello janice

I started with it in april 17 and it lasted 3 months. It came back mid December and still here. Hoping doc will give me steroids.... do they help? I am housebound atm too anxious to go out.

Elaine

• Posted

so what are your symptoms I'm starting to be home bound too cause my mind stay wondering

• Posted

They have been far and ranging some have subsided and some still ongoing:

Dizziness

Head pressure on the side of inflammation

(possibly led to a slowing down of the movement in left eye, I now wear glasses to refocus)

Headaches

Swollen neck

Tightness in neck

Swollen shoulder muscles

Inability to eat

Stomach pain

Burning sensation in muscles

Tingling sensation in muscles

Sensation of muscles suddenly "deflating" when falling asleep - possibly anxiety related as well

Constant palpitations

Fatigue

Tiredness

Generally weak

Arm pain on side of inflammation

Feeling like I can't breathe

Feeling fine all day but swelling up when you lie down to sleep

• Posted

Hi

I dont have swelling but have the rest. Im starting to feel depressed also which ive never been, usually happy and bubbly. We should start a facebook group, maybe there is one.

• Posted

Sorry  Janice your going through this. CC is such a dilbilitating condition and not well understood by health professionals particularly coping with the wide range of symptoms. It will take time to feel better and I understand having a young child and working trying to lead a normal life. Have you being referred for tests (ruling out processes can be reassuring) try icing the soar areas, arnica gel I use voltarol gel. Unfortunately although medical practitioners say it will go away in under a year some people suffer far longer. I am sure that if effective treatment was given to patients this would speed up recovery. You will need rest although I have found that sleep can be challanaging also ie broken sleep because of the pain.

Sorry your feeling so bad I hope as the weeks past your healing and recovery progresses.

Best

• Posted

Initially, I felt that my chest on the left side felt slightly raised and that the skin or more so muscle was lumpy and fiborus to the touch. This I'm told is the cartilage.

• Posted

I have had this 18 months now. I have phases where it feels like it's gone away but then it flairs up again. I'm not having a great time of it at the moment. My chest wall swells up and it's all around the cartilage, feels weird like it's padding in my chest. Also struggling to breath so I have inhalers and sharp pains in my chest and across my back. Just nothing they can give you - I know it isn't a life threating illness but it makes you feel so miserable. And finding a comfortable bra to wear is a nightmare.

• Posted

hey, yes it does help but I feel heaviness still I'm still having shooting pains here and there and swollen left side collar bone and under that area is all swollen it have went down very little

• Posted

I'm using ice packs when pain occurs if you can ice for 10 minutes and then use arnica and volterol. This maybe helpful. Its going to take time but please stay strong and I hope your family is being patient.

Best

• Posted

We can get through this, cany last forever, right? Ive been off work 4 weeks now and worried finacially. Lots of lifting involved so cant work sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.