hello ladys just a up date on my 7 week check up

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well lady's I've been ans told him how rubbish I still feel 

ie my night hot sweats my poor sleeping, my bones hurt

My moods and feeling low. So my docter said it was best for me to try HRT just a small doses of a natural hrt. He said it will make me feel so much better. I didn't won't to take hrt before I had the op but I felt I will try anything to make me feel better in my self. I understand it was a big op and I still have some way to go. But my back bones boobs hurt. I just hope it don't make me put weight on. Not sure if you lady's no much about hrt? 

Age 40 

post op 7 weeks 4 days .

Thanks for reading lady's 😍

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I felt like that Sam and still do really but a nice Lady on here told me to get my thyroid checked i did and it came back that i have a overactive thyroid xxxx

• Posted

I have had bloods done but for my iron so not sure if they would pick it up. Do you think I should get checked. I've put on weight but it was Christmas.  But I've not lots nothing. Iam bigger then I've ever been. I uesd to be 10 stone but now Iam 12 stone. So I've gone a ww diet. I need to loose this 2 Stone 

Thanks Julie x

• Posted

Yes i would get it checked.I wont go on HRT because i had a large cyst and it was boaderline i had to have a

hysterectomy so i dont really want to go on it.

• Posted

Thanks Julie 

I will get it checked out and let you no. Did you have you ovaries out? Are you worried about the side effects. Can they corse cyst?  X

• Posted

Yeah i had everything removed just for precaution xxx
    • Posted

Best way I think that we don't need to have the bloody op again. Iam just hoping I feel alot better in a few months time x
  • Posted

Hi Sam.im 44 had a Tah 8 weeks ago.i had always discussed with consultant that I would only do hrt after hysterectomy if and when I needed it, however within 24hours post op it was obvious I had gone into full blown surgical menapause, crying, joint pain sweats.so consultant put me on hrt patch called estraddiol 50.

it comes in 3 doses im on lowest.its appernetly one of the better ones nd its a patch.

its quite expensive so docs dont like prescribing it but it is available on prescription

dont right hrt of it reallyy has a place and if the doctor suggests it try it

• Posted

Arr ty for you advise just what I needed. Do you feel better ? He wonted to wait untill 7 weeks incase they was any endometriosis was left that he didn't get do it would die. I don't no what it's called but I will let you later when I collect. I've gone for the tablet. You could have the patch or gel. Iam on the lowest dose to start to see how I get on. I feel like an old lady my bones hurt my back boobs. And can not sleep at night. And my hot flushes I get them mostly at night 

They only last about 5 to 10 minutes.  Have you noticed it helping you. Xx

• Posted

Yes really has made a difference, still get the odd night sweats but probably 3 times only in last 6 weeks, I have slight bone pain hut nothing like before.

my endometriosis has all gone, without ovaries it dies very quick.

will be interested in what hrt your on and how you get on.good luck

• Posted

Thank you for that. Yes I will let you no later and keep you updated. 8 be got to go back again in 6 weeks to see him.

Iam just worried if it makes me put weight on. Because with have the op I've put on over a Stone

With eating lots and not doing nothing so Iam on a diet to get back to my weight again xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.