HELLO Liver resection on 14th april need advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

i'm 21 i have was it called a focal nodular hyperplasia and hemangioma on my liver.

i have just watched some videos. but i am worried that they're just going to remove my galbladder for no reason like some people had to have theres taken out even if it was healthy?

has anyone had a liver resection before- and what was the outcome- 

how long was the hospital stay for etc?

thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have had a liver resection. It was done last September because I have a rare liver condition called Caroli's disease as a result of which I had loads of stones in my liver. Originally I was going to have a third removed but in the end I had to have the whole of the left lobe removed (ie half of the liver). I was in hospital for 1 week (including one day in High Dependency Unit). It took 2 months before I was fully recovered and am still very tired. Immediately after the operation I was in a lot of pain for several days but it was controlled by patient controlled analgesia which was brilliant. I have never heard of anyone having their gall bladder removed when it was healthy - what makes you think yours might be removed? Mine was removed many years ago because it got infected.

• Posted

Please post about your liver resection. I am having one April 23 to remove a large cyst
    • Posted

I am not sure whether I replied to you about this but I am not sure what info you want. I was probably a bit different because in addition to having the liver resection it was complicated because I am an insulin controlled diabetic and a wheelchair user as a result of childhood polio both of which made the operation and recovery more complicated. If you have specific questions, please do get in touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.