Hello looking advise live in n.ireland changing over from d.l.a to pip

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had to have my pip form back by 26thmay 2018.I got a letter to say might need an assesment that was 6 weeks ago and havent even heard anything for an assesment yet.Has anyone else waited this long for assessment Iive in belfast .thanks xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi lorraine I did wait around 6/7 weeks myself and I was fortunate to get my pip. Hope all works out for you ...
  • Posted

Hi Lorraine, having an assessment seems to be more the norm than not having one and theirs no set time you have to wait for it to take place, from now on though you have to remember that these are two totally different benefits so best advice I can give you is forget the DLA and concentrate on your PIP. As it's a change over have you sent in plenty of up to date medical evidence, as you will know DLA was predominantly disease based whereas PIP is more about how you illness/illnesses effect you daily.

• Posted

TyVmx AlexandriaGizmo today I did get a text from capita I have my assessment this tuesday im sure like everyone and dreading it .With my illnesses I will be letting them see how I walk with aid how my breathing affects me ive multiple illnesses and hardly leave my house im so happy you replied to me as I dont bother with people as I rarely leave the house so my time is comming on tuesday.ive medical evidence one includes mental health letter.im feeling sick having to go to my assessment but thats what we all have to do I do suffer stress panic attacks im hoping I can compose myself for this assessments thanks xx
    • Posted

It's a pleasure to answer you, it can be nerve racking I know, I actually think it's easier on the first one, I'm dreading my next one too.

Try not to worry about it because no matter how much you stress it will be what it is.

Be yourself, are you taking someone with you? I personally think it's best, you could have asked for a home visit, how are you getting their, have you had help filling the forms out, remember it's how your illnesses effect on a daily basis, all you have to do like I said is be you.

I hope it all goes well for you

• Posted

Hi AlexandriaGizmo, how common is it to be notified for a PIP or ESA Assessments by text as I have always been notified by letter. Thanks Twiglet,
    • Posted

Hi hope your enjoying the heatwave and it's not impacting on you too much.

I had some correspondence through text but mine was a change of circumstances that forced me to change from DLA to PIP.

Are you saying you have only had texts to inform you that you are being called in for a F2F and no written communicationd

• Posted

Hi AlexandriaGizmo, I'm loving this sunny weather and getting plenty of vitamin D,

I think I misread what Lorraine wrote about receiving a text for a F2F appointment as I have always been sent a letter. My Esa was awarded until 21st June 2018, I had a payment last Friday, now waiting for the brown envelope from DWP, to ask if I want to reapply again.

Hope you are enjoying the sunny weather? Thanks Twiglet, 🌞??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.