hello new to group new to AS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well,

Arnt we all blessed to have such a tremendous disease (said no one EVER)

Yet another day I've had to ring in work sick, I hate it, I know my work colleagues don't truly understand and it makes that dreaded 'i wont be in today' call even worse. I'm a manager too which makes me feel even worse...not exactly leading my example am I?! I find myself being soft with my team, letting them in late, having time of, buying cakes etc to to compensate.

Its really starting to get me down now, I want to work in a good and hard worker I need a option to work from home but those jobs ate few & far between.

Does anyone else feel like this? Utterly guilty because you cant work? Cant physically move to get clean pants on let alone push a mouse?!

I hate it, I really do?!

Anyway any tips for how to not have to call in sick would be great!! Xxxxx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I think we all feel like that sometimes I know I have I'm a cleaner so when I'm in a bad way there's no way I could go into work.Stop feeling guilty your health comes first your off for a genuine reason.have you tried explaining about your condition so they have a better understanding of your condition.

feel better

big hugs x

• Posted

Yes ive explained, my boss lets me take the time off but its that general feeling of resentment when I go back in. Because I'm in my 30s I should be in work no problems if you know what I mean.

Thankyou for reply x

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean I've been dealing with this since my twenty's I'm now 40 and people do look and say what's wrong with you. I personally ignore those who don't understand. but the one's who I work closely with do understand. know the limits of what you can do is there any work you can still manage at home or within the workplace maybe see if there's a solution between yourself and employer x
    • Posted

They are pushing me to drop hours but there is no way I could cover bills if I did. Plus there aren't enough hours in day to finish what I'm doing as it is! X

Thankyou for support xx

• Posted

are you in the uk?if your regularly having fla4e ups it maybe your meds it might be worth going back to your care provider and seeing whàt they can do.in the UK pain clinic might be able to older you advice

• Posted

Yes I'm uk, I'm currently on anti inflammatory waiting to go on humira xxx
    • Posted

Hi there, Im now 30 years down the line, and am currently on no meds. I am confused about anti tnf, have had an MRI to check for inflammation, but they wont prescribe this injection for me. Can I ask how they decided to try humira, just wondered if it was explained to you, my rheumatologist changes the subject.
    • Posted

Hi,

To start with I was taking over the counter ibuprofen but it got to point where I was going through a packet a day, which as you can imagine made me ill. At my next Rhumo meeting they prescribed me celebrex and I also had steroid injection. To begin it helped but within 8 weeks my flare-ups were bad (still are) on each visit to Rhumo I filled in pain scores and then they said id qualify for biologics. As they also think I have chrons & eventually want to try for baby within nxt year it was decided to start me on humira. I now just waiting for nurse apt for injection teach. Roll on March. I'm hoping all works as pain, fatigue and stiffness getting me down. I want to exercise and loose weight!

• Posted

Hi again, I really hope the humira works for you, I have a friend who has used it for years, but she has rheumatoid arthritis that badly affects her hands. I have asked my physio to check the results of my last MRI, she said they were unremarkable, so I guess thats me back to the drawing board. going to try acupuncture at the end of the month so see how that goes.
  • Posted

well my advice would be do what you can for now have a word about your meds it might be you haven't got the right meds yet hopefully they will find a combo that works helping you to have a better quality of life with less flare ups or at least manageable ones x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.