help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take citalopram on a daily and the last couple of months have been rough and since Saturday I have been having a hard time with anxiety counselor says I got depressed betond my medicine and I just have to wait until I calm down and I will be OK? Anyone else ever dealt with this 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

whats ur citalopram dose?since how many months have u been taking it?
  • Posted

I take 40mg a day and am usually great but the last two months have been very stressful.with a new house stressed out husband and work I have been on it for a little over three years 
    • Posted

I went to the Dr and she put me on buspar and xanax I still feel nervous but my thoughts have slowed down and the bad thoughts make me upset and anxious but I am able to distract myself pretty quickly I'm not eating either and I know that doesn't help at all. The xanax is only until the bispar kicks in. In February I missed my celexa for like 3 days and felt this way but I have been taking my medicine religiously... Should this be happening ? 
    • Posted

Yes possible even with regular medicines.So I what I am understanding is you were on citalopram and two months back as you were not feeling well a switch over to buspirone was made with xanax cover.Xanax is good option for immediate relief till primary drug starts working.And you are posting in bipolar forum.Is that the diagnosis u received?
    • Posted

No I am sorry I have confused you I have always taken the celexa for the past 3 years Saturday morning I woke up an extreme panic and anxiety and it was a lot of things combined and I had been feeling down and I am diagnosed with depression I accidentally posted in the wrong forum I've taken two xanax so far one last night and  one today and still feel nervous 
    • Posted

Shouldn't I be anxiety free or sm I being to hard on myself as I have been told I do during a crisis like this. I went thru this in february when I missed my celexa for three days. 
    • Posted

well than u should wait and try some thing like relaxation excercise.Xanax level get settlled around 3 to 4 days.Adding propranolol for few days will also help.
    • Posted

Ok so I shouldn't be ythinking it will happen immediately 
    • Posted

And y would an old fling trigger this? I'm a happily married woman 
    • Posted

I can only guess it was because I was at a low point 
  • Posted

Try the IAPT (improving access to psychological therapies) website - there are some great self help links.  I can't put the link in here, or it will be blocked until the link has cleared.  You should find a link to it through this website in the search engine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.