Help !!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can health anxiety and stress cause prostate cancer

Am so worried am not weeing right just dribbling out then a weak flow! I been doctors and sending me for a blood test but I've been reading up on the net and one site said it can cause it! Am only 32

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin, I'm not aware that health anxiety or any anxiety can cause prostate or indeed any other sort of cancer, there is no medical link to it I can find.

If you have health anxiety don't google! You can find almost anything you want on the net including complete tripe! 

Certain medication such as anti depressants can enlarge the prostate which would give rise to those symptoms.

Neil 

• Posted

Hey Aspinan, "Certain medication such as anti depressants can enlarge the prostate....."

Really, which ones??

• Posted

Hi Neil am on pregabalin and duloxetine as well as diazepam when I need it! Very consipated as well
    • Posted

I think venlefaxine has it as a possible side effect. Venlefaxine causes me to have problems passing urine.

• Posted

Sounds like you need to take a laxative for constipation, have a read through your meds leaflets to see if constipation or difficulty passing urine is a side effect. N 
    • Posted

Thanks Neil, the last thing I want is problems passing urine, it's bad enough already!

I'm on Sertraline and didn't notice it listed as a side effect, I'll have to do some further investigation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.