Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been having all the symptoms of heart attack not all at the same time but on and off, it has been happening for nearly a week now, i have got a headache, a pain in my left ear, sometimes i get pains in my left arm and my chest pains are on and off i just dont know what to do i have been to the doctors and he has told me to go for an ecg but that is not till nect wednesday i feel like i dont want to eat incase what i eat is causing my heart attack symptoms i cant calm down and sometimes my shoulder blades hurt. i have had anxiety on and off for nearly a year now but this time i feel like i am definitely dying and that this will never go away. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi.Don't worry is nothing wrong with your heart.I have this symptoms for years I had my heart checked many times.All normal but symptoms still there.Anxiety can cause you many physical symptoms specially heart related;palpitations, fast heart rate,chest pain ...
    • Posted

have you ever tried to get rid of it or have you just not tried 

• Posted

Yes I was on medication for a while.I think you are at an early stage of anxiety.You have to reduce stress and see a psychologist.He will teach you how to manage anxiety
    • Posted

I mean I tried but the anxiety came back all the time.The problem was that I didn't change my thoughts.I am a stressed person, I worry and panick very easy.When my problem start I didn't know that a psychologist can help me so I didn't see any.Now my anxiety is bad and I try to cope with
    • Posted

No.At the moment the anxiety cause me many problems because of physical symptoms it cause
    • Posted

You can be happy, even with anxiety, but it takes hard work. Find the things that make you happy. Don't depend on others to make you happy It is a feeling only you have control over. I have had all the symptoms you describe for 42 years. I have learned to live with it mostly, until it gets really bad. Then I have to seek help. My life is not the way it used to be, but I have 6 kids to be alive for. You have to find your hobby, likes, what is fun to you. Anything to take your mind off the way you are feeling. This group is a good place to see you are not alone, and all the same symptoms.
  • Posted

I have had these symptoms on nearly a daily basis since december. The first time i had the chest pain , shoulder pain , pains in my arm , feeling that i couldnt breathe and dizzy i rang 999 as i really thought i was having a heart attack , they did a ecg at my house said my blood sugars were very low my heart was racing 146bpm . My oxygen levels were 99% and blood pressure was high . So they gave me a aspirin to chew and some spray under my tongue. Bare in mind by the time they got to me.i felt calm they were concerned i had chest pain so took me to hospital. Had a blood test to check that my heart wasnt damaged came back fine had another ecg showed my heart was still fast but had calmed down. Heart attack ruled out. When i saw the dr. He told me they are all very very real symptoms of anxiety. And the more u think about the symptoms and pains the worse they will get. While pregnant i had heart scans and holter tapes done and apart from a heart murmur (brought on by my first pregnancy) my heart is healthy. The symptoms are very real and scary but are just anxiety . The less you think of them the less u will feel them now i know that is easier said than done but stress will make them worse . I think u will be just fine and its anxiety o
  • Posted

Yes the mind is very powerful in leading and influencing the body. Look at sexual arousal for instance? Heart attacks don't last for days on end so if anything was going to happen it would have by now :-)

Anxiety creates a load of psychosomatic symptoms if you have health anxiety. You need to learn techniques to rethink and retrain your thinking. Lots of good self help books out there and obviously therapists etc.

Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.