Help!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey! Am new to this, I have recently been dealing with anxiety, still at the stage of looking for some sort of medication to help it, does anyone have any ideas?, I struggle leaving the house and suffer from really bad panic attacks, I was recently started on a Medication that I don't feel is helping me😣

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Personally I would say start on an ssri - one for obsessive thoughts - like Prozac and see how you go. Have you looked into CBT?
    • Posted

What's CBT? I've been started on a natural medication that I take if i feel am having a panic attack, but I don't feel it's helping at all
  • Posted

I agree therapy may be a better long term option, meds are only to help with symptoms, they can't actually cure anxiety. Maybe not necessarily cbt but some form of therapy
    • Posted

Yeah I've been put on a waiting list to speak to someone, I struggle to leave the house because of it because I feel leaving the door makes me feel really dizzy and because I've had an accident from passing out it freaks me out
  • Posted

Hi the best place to start is contact with ur gp and be firm with what's wrong and what u believe will help u. Therapy is a good point to touch Base with and as for medication will depend on the person and if u have any other medical conditions. SSRI are the standard medication for anxiety panic attacks and depression and there are plenty on the market. Personally I got on well with citalopram and sertraline the first week is normally awful and can take up to 4 weeks for show any sign of easing ur symptoms
    • Posted

Hey, I am on some natural kind of medication for it at the moment, am currently on the waiting list to speak to someone, the medication I am on I feel it isn't helping, but I feel it was at first. So am not sure if it's just in my head, but I don't feel they are helping myself anymore, I have to go back for a check up the end of July, and I told myself I'd give myself until then and if I didn't feel any difference I could tell my doctor, but it's just at the stage of finding something that helps, I had an accident, this time last year, I passed out what caused me to end up breaking both bones in my leg and needing an operation, so due to that I feel I can't leave the house because I feel dizzy and I worry it will happen all over again, I don't know if it's been because the weekend past was a year of my accident that might be making me feel worse
  • Posted

Hi Victoria

Anxiety is a complex thing, I am on beta blockers and lyrica/pregabalin, still suffering with it.

Try some reading on cognitive behavioural therapy as that has been helping me, also writing down your negatives and positives that you have each day, then you can always check your progress.

I'm really struggling at the moment, but I will be happy to chat with you anytime.

Keep your chin up and remember that you are never alone.☺

• Posted

Firstly I need to know the new medication your taking with your permission.

Tazjosie

• Posted

Hi there

I take 40mg Omeprazole , Citalopram 40mg propranolol 10mg x3 a day and codeine 30/500 paracetamol when needed, which I don't take that often

Thank you for your reply.

Regards and thanks again Maureen

• Posted

Hey, I'll need to find something that tells me on it, because it's rubbed off, all I know is it's a little white pill and you can't touch them with your hands, got to take it off a spoon, and they come in alittle clear bottle and it's a natural thing, I'll find something with the name on it
    • Posted

Sorry maureen15361 that was meant for victoria. 😊 mind you how do you find the axiety/depression ect medication your on.. there's too long a list for me to txt mine. I'm looking to change Olanzapine for clo pixel and ruffling going for Venlafaxine with Mirtazepine. I take long release tramadol , 20mg Temazapan and diazepan and a whole lot more mainly physical stuff..

Tazjosie

• Posted

Although I agree with alternative treatment but I also agree with your own words the accident that's bringing all the memories flooding back. I feel you need to explain this to your GP and ask for psychotherapy. Otherwise every year you will be the same.

Tazjosie 33

• Posted

Yeah, I've been put on the last to speak to someone, but the medication is to help with my anxiety because it's got to the point I get myself in a state leaving the house, because my accident happened because I passed out, I worry that I mighy pass out again what ends up making it 10 times worse
    • Posted

Your doing what is known as catastravization.

With that comes high anxiety. Take a paper bag ( new) and breath into it wen you get the bad attack cos if you are you will hyperventilate and need to take deep slow breaths controled in through the nose out of the mouth. If there's anything you want to get rid off use the out breath to cast away.note you don't necessarily need a bag but it's a quick fix .

you need to see your GP for referable to psychotherapy.

let me know how you get on.

Tazjosie

• Posted

Thank you! I've to see my gp the end of July beginning of August I'll keep you updated with what thy say

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.