Help!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

10 days ago I went to a concert. In the morning I felt s little unsteady on my feet but I put it down to having a good night and a couple too many drinks, however over the course of the day my ear became sore and hearing in left ear was muffled. I went to doc who asked if I had tinnitus and I replied no. However a few days later my world went "silent". I had obviously had tinnitus but hadn't noticed until I had 20 seconds of normal it was only after this 20 secs that I realised I had tinnitus and now it it driving me crazy. I know some tinnitus sufferers may find it bizarre that I didn't know I had it but somehow I hadn't noticed. It is now so loud because I have noticed it that I am struggling to function. The dizziness is also still there. I have suffered with TMJ disorder for over 10 years. I'm not sure if this is relevant. Has anyone had a bout of "silence" during their horrific tinnitus journey? Does this mean it may disappear altogether. Advice and help gratefully received.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had it for over 5 weeks since a very loud concert.

Week 1 wasn't bad but it got louder in week 2 and has stayed that way since.

Your bout with TMJ may have something to do with it, however, most T from a one time occurance usually disappears within 12 months (I know. Long time)

The key is to eat healthy. stay away from all caffeine, stay positive, excercise, and don't listen to it. (I still can't master that last one)

Hang in there. It gets better.

• Posted

Hi John thanks for your reply. I drink a lot of caffeine fizzy drinks so I will stop these now. I've been meaning to eat healthier so now I have a kick in the bum to do so. I manage to ignore it most of the day as I have 2 young kids keeping me occupied but it's the nights that are unbareable!!!
  • Posted

Sounds good. They say to also kick alcohol, smoking, salt, sugar, and salt. 

I have been eating a lot of greens (spinich salads) and taking Omega-3 fish oil, Ginko, B-12, and Magnesium suppliments twice/day.

I think of it as God's way to get me healthier..  :-)

• Posted

john, thank you so much for writing this not only have you made me feel better but you have inspired me to not give up thank you so much hopefully my ear will get better i was wondering do you still have the sound in your ear or has it faded?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.