Help!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

DESPERATE.. I am in so much pain..I can't walk I am stage 3 and waiting to see my doctor.. I can't sleep, walk, bend or do anything.it is interfering with my daily living..it's 1am in the morning here and I haven't slept in 3 days. I have tried hot baths, pain meds and nothing is working..please help

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Dear Laura, not to pry but could you please tell more about where your HS is affecting you? I don't know what I can do but listen (we all need an ear at timesbiggrinbut I may have some advice. I am wide awake so I will wait to hear back from you.
    • Posted

It's in my groin..my upper right thigh.. Thank you for replying. I feel hopeless..mine is the size of my palm and very hard. my Hs was just diagnosed. The doctor for years kept telling me it was cysts and put me on antibiotics that never worked.
  • Posted

Hi Laura, I don't know where you are and I am a relative newby to this but would the A&E  at hospital be able to provide you with stronger pain meds until you can see your Doc. Thinking of you (hugs)
    • Posted

I was thinking to go tonight but my appt with my doctor is in the morning.. I rather go to her since she diagnosed me..thank you..I'm so glad I'm not alone..thought I was a freak for awhile lol..I'm from Toronto, Ontario canada
  • Posted

Hi Laura, I sooooo feel your pain. I usualy get Tramadol for my pain but when it is that large and you cannot move I strongly suggest going to the ER if humanly possible. They need to lance it right now and please dont do it yourself!!! You could get a major infection. If you want you can call first and explain to them what is happening and if they will lance it. Some Dr's are "retarded" and too scared. Unless they knock you out I don't think there are any pills to stop the pain. I am sooooo sorry for hpw you are feeling! Please tell me you will at least call if not go straight in.
  • Posted

If you are going to wait, try the hot compresses. It is supposed to help it burst sooner. Best of luck tomorrow, but maybe call Dr office and let them know the situation and maybe they can get you in sooner!!!
  • Posted

Hi Laura,

I am so sorry and I know what your going through I am also stage 3 and begging anyone to help me.

I have realized our immune system over reacts when we do certain things and it sets it off extremely!

Here is what I have discovered and please try this with me. I am starting it today:

Go on a bone broth diet for 3-4 days organic bone broth

You can add sweet potatoes, green veggies (non acidic) no peppers, no okra, no egg plant or regular potatoes

Take probiotic with enzymes has to have more than 5 strains of good bacteria. The more the better

Drink Merigold (calendula) tea 3 times a day add in 3 table spoons of coconut oil, ginger, garlic and Oregano leaves.

Eat either organic yogurt or olives or pickles

As much as you can walk around naked air out the boils ...keep them from getting warm or skin to skin contact. At night keep the air going and keep those boils cool at all times.

Soak yourself in a bath once or every day of the week with garlic, oregano, Epsom salt and coconut oil

Please try this! I am doing it now and some how I can see a huge difference already. This is a crazy diet but this is going to heal you on the inside which will prevent these stupid boils from occurring!

• Posted

LAURA have a very hot bath fill it with salt it will draw the lump. Put some savalon on a dressing and cover it up. It will burst. Stop I'm the hot bath as long as you can. Also of you have time have a look on Amazon and get yourself some Emuaid max strength cream it's around 40 pounds but it's brilliant. Instant relief from pain
  • Posted

Hi Laura, 

I'm from Toronto too and have been seeing the doctors at Sunnybrook Dermatology.  I'm in stage three and in SO much pain and just fed up.  I've tried so many different things including so many different antibiotics.  I'm now trying to get approved for Humira through my insurance company.  I don't know what else to try.   I try to keep positive but it's getting really hard. 

My only tip if the pain is really bad is to use Lidocaine.   It's a topical cream that numbs the skin for a short time.   My doctor gave me a perscription but when I went to the pharmacy, they sold it to me over the counter. 

I hope your doctors appointment went well.  Good luck with this awful condition.  

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.