Help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Complete hysterectomy New Year's Eve 2006. Was on HRT and finally got regulated but was told should not be on more than 6 years. (I am in 50s now 40s when I started.) weaned myself off HRT after 7 years so no Meds yeah! BUT..still serious hot flashes which are unbearable and embarrassing. When will it stop or can I take hurt again? I still work as many of my women friends do. It's not like our moms days....take it again or suffer? Thoughts?

ps..just learned I'm going to be a grandma and need to be chill while excited!! Lol

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I also had hysterectomy and oophorectomy last year age 40. I've been told I'll be on higher dose to 50. Low dose to 60. I'm hoping Gp in future will stick to that!!
  • Posted

Congratulations on being a grandma.

There are other meds for hotflushes I took Clonidine which worked but it made me too tired. Also natural things black cohosh, wild yam etc

• Posted

If hot flashes are your only issues then I would go to a reputable alternative health therapist that specializes in these issues. I am sure that there are a few things other than hrt that you could try.

I have been on hrt for five years now and dread my GP telling me to come off of it.

• Posted

I've been on HRT since 1991 apart from a short break last year. If it suits you and gives you a better quality of life then I see no reason you shouldn't still take it. Go back to your GP or see a more sympathetic one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.