Help!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone on this page taken proxtine and mirtazapine together? I suffer from really bad axintey, witch I find the proxtine does help a lot with, but i've recently been dignosed with depression and sleeping problems as well, My doctor told me she hadn't heard of anyone taken them together and took me off the proxtine and I ended up feeling 10 times worse, I think it was just because I didn't have the proxtine anymore, has anyone actually taken them together and do they help, I can't sleep at all anymore, I actually feel like am going crazy with not sleeping, and i've been considering trying them both together.... since I feel my doctor is no help at all, and I can't speak to any other doctor until tomorrow... so could I take them both together, as I feel I might go crazy if I have another night of no sleep 😣, thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

From what I've read, you can certainly take Mirtazapine and Paroxetine together as they showed good tolerance and better response than just taking one alone.

Take the Paroxetine when you wake up, and take the Mirtazapine at bedtime to help you sleep.

• Posted

See I have read up on them, and people where saying they where better taken together and that you could, yet my doctor said she wouldn't recommend them both to be taken together, so she took me off proxtine and wanted me just on them alone and it made me 10 times worse, so I had to stop taken them and start my proxtine again, I have some left, so I might take one tonight and phone the doctors tomorrow speak to someone else, see if.they can give me them both together, because the first few days they helped me sleep, then after that my anxitey just went through the roof and I think it was from not having them....
    • Posted

Okay, I misunderstood you.  Data suggests that the combination of mirtazaprine and paroxetine doesn't alter cognitive functioning, and also that combination may even be better tolerated than either drug alone.

So when your doctor said she wouldn't recommend them both to be taken together, research proves otherwise.  So if it helps you, I would definitely take them both together from what I've read by the medical journal.

• Posted

I don't know much about taking proxtine and mirtazapine together. However, when I started mirtazapine, it used to give me really good sleep. Are you taking it before bed?

And yes please do consult medicals before taking both.

Take care

• Posted

Hey I was on it before, and it helped me sleep, but after a few days my anxitey was through the roof and I think it was just from not having my proxtine so I had to go back on them because I couldn't cope, so I was thinking about taken one tonight before bed, I take my proxtine in the morning when I wake up, and was just gonna take them before bed, and speak to another doctor tomorrow about them, see if they can Try me on both for a while.... see if they help me sleep and control my mood's a little better, my anxitey Is good while taken the proxtine, but now i've been told I have depression so the big thing is that and not sleeping at this moment, but if I come off the proxtine my anxitey becomes a problem too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.