Help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don't even know where to begin?!? Going to try and make it short! Been under a lot of stress due to the fact no one can figure out whats wrong other then blaming anxiety!

I'm a 30 y/o healthy, work out kind of guy. Back in February had a panic attack which i know think it was a gallbladder attack, but of course the er sent me out of the door.

Throughout march i was having chest pain and dealing with buying a home, my fathers death, and dealing with my health. Which one could assume why my stress levels were up.

I went to the GI and got an endoscopy done which cleared me from acid reflux, but found HPloyri took antibotic which killed it, but at the same time my stomach started to hurt really bad on my right side on top of bloating and inflammation and pain at times on both sides of my abdomin, but mostly right and around the lower and middle of my back. Also feel like a small cyst.

I just went to my gi and getting bloodwork for my pranceas and a hideous scan done, but wont happen until next week. My concern and fear is it might be my pranceas and heard horror stories. I dont have dark urine, no vomiting, or fever. Just chest and back pain that comes and goes along with stomach pain. Im heading on a hike for a couple days and scared it might get worse due to me overthinking. Anyone can help me?!?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Audi, sorry to learn you're having these troubles.  Blood work is a good first step, so is a scan.  Chest and back pain could be many things. If you have a feeling of pressure, you could also have a hiatal hernia, besides having gallbladder issues.  Lots of people have gallbladder problems and don't have the clasic symptoms of gallbadder disease described in the medical literature.  You are correct, overthinking does nothing to help you.  Whatever it is, you will deal with it, when it comes.  Try not to borrow trouble.  If you have confidence in your doctor, then have confidence in yourself!  Best of luck, and let us know how you do.
    • Posted

Thank you! Will see what happens next week! My symptoms have calmed down. Just getting worried i might be in the moutains with no doc in sight and might have a worse attack, but will keep a positive mind.
  • Posted

Hi Audi! I know how hard it is to have so many unanswered questions, but I can assure you that you will find an answer. As to your symptoms I can say they are startling similar to the symptoms that I dealt with for a year before I took myself to the ER. I know that for me I had severe stomach cramping, with back and side pain, on my right side that lasted for hours. I too had immense bloating and pain (mine always occured at 2am and lasted until 7am). So what I can advise is to ask for an ultrasound on your gallbladder then see a surgeon. They can tell you if your on the right track to relieving your pain. I found that doctors were less concerned with my symptoms than the surgeon was. He told me straight up that that much pain is abnormal.

I hope all the best for you and keep moving forward. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you! Forgot to mention i got an ultrasound 3 weeks ago and they saw no stones, after that ER visit i started to feel the back pain. Which made me call my GI doc to see whats going on.
  • Posted

Hi Audi, agree with the other answers on here. Just adding that there are a couple of similat things I can relate with. Last year I had loads of stressful life events, too much to write and I had H pylori treated. Anyway, I started to have similar symptoms to yourself and to feel really unwell, also had left hand pain. Had paramedics and emergency hospital visits thinking heart problems, which was checked and not the cause. Scans and tests revealed hiatal hernia and gallstones (I knew I had these for years and had been careful eating etc, had poor digestion). My Gb is the suspect cause and due to come out, if they ever get around to giving me a date after a couple of cancels. At first they were concerned about pancreas as I had lost a bit of weight and had the steady pain not just the food related, but the CT scan showed up normal, as did bloods for this, though liver enzymes are a little raised. I had major worries awaiting the scan results which were delayed for various reasons, as I'm of an age when things do start to go wrong.

The point is, don't worry yourself too much at this point, as the odds are you will not have anything serious. All the life stresses can make you hypersensitive to anxiety as your stress hormones are on high alert and this for sure affects your physical body as well as mind. I am sure that the stress and the H pylori set me up for Gb and digestive issues as this was a weak area already due to stones in the Gb but many folk as has been said have reactive Gb without any stones, there can be sludge a precursor to stones forming, poor contracting, bile duct problems etc. The investigations should throw some light on it soon. Take care and good luck.

• Posted

I just have to add that if it were me, I would rethink the ?backpack? hike. I know that getting into nature can be the best medicine. I truly believe that. But if you are having back pain, I think you could find yourself in trouble. I live in Arizona. The news stories are always reporting on people who find themselves in trouble on a cliff top, or mountain side, or whatever. Even if you are going with friends, they can't help you if you find yourself having some kind of attack. Be smart about it is all I am saying. You don't know what you have going on physically, but you do know it is something. Be careful!! 
    • Posted

Yea i decided to stay home since kt was going to be 8 hours away i didnt want to risk it.
    • Posted

Glad to hear it!
  • Posted

Hello All, 

Just wanted to thank everyone! After all my hida scan showed 20% injection which has been the root of all my pain. Who knew such a small little thing could cause so much pain. I'm due for surgery in two week just can't dread the pain!! But thank you all! 

• Posted

Hi, Audi!  If you have keyhole surgery there's little pain to fear.  Just remember that it's still major surgery.  During your recovery, take good care of yourself and take it easy!  Best of luck and let us know how you get on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.