Help!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've had hs since I was 13. I am now 22 and I've excepted the fact that I am going to have this ugly disease forever. However tomorrow I am supposed to wear a bathing suit top to work and have a pretty big lump under my arm and you can still see it a little when my arm is down. I'm just wondering if anybody knows a way to make a lump go down quickly? I normally would get my lumps in groin area where it's easy to hide but recently they been coming up in my armpits and any tips would help. Please.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I do I do actually...boil chamomile tea on the stove (loose type)...and then use as a hot compress for about 15 min 3X a day...I do once and they immediately shrink...no potatoes, tomatoes, breads or sugars, no smoking..i promise you will see a difference..wink..God Bless..wink
  • Posted

Hi. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a faster way to make the bumps go down. It's one of those things where you have to just let it do it's thing but you could try doing warm compresses for 20 minutes at a time to see if that helps it be less pronoun and also take some tylenol cuz it's an anti inflammatory. I take tylenol now and then when the flare up in my armpits are going bonkers. It helps. Also, I noticed that any clothing really snug up into my armpits like tank tops, bathing suits, bras and shirts can cause me a flare up so you may want to watch out for that too cuz that could be bothering it as well possibly. Hope that helped even if it was just a little bit. Good luck and wish you well.
  • Posted

Take the day off!   I would make an excuse and say you couldn't find a suitable top and wear one which didn't show off the lump.  x

• Posted

Thanks guys I wish I could just take the day off but I'm a server and I'm still new so that's not an option😓
    • Posted

try the tea compress..above who said nothing can help it..FALSE..because it works for me...
    • Posted

agreed..believe me when I first gave it a shot from another HS sufferer, i was like eh...tried it all and really??...a tea??..well I did as she said got the natural chamomile tea, boiled on stove and started..wella fter the firs 15 minutes mine was nothing more than the size of a pea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.